Injured Fish

baiblue

Reefing newb
sgut097.jpg

sgut095.jpg

sgut094.jpg

Question what do you think happen he was fine in the morning but when it was feeding time 4pm he ran out as u can see i threw some pallets and he looked hurt :(

i just recently added the fish too 2 days ago i though he was getting along fine but i dont know what happen to him im any advice?? i have two large domino DAMNels ^^
u think they beat him up becuase i did throw him in the domino/ orange clown fish side?? or does it look like a tang hurt him?? since those are the only aggressive fish i got (i think)

Dominos are pretty evil, I'd put my money on them. How many total fish do you have? What kind of fish is that one that got hurt?

He looks pretty beat up, I'd get him outta there.

i have around 25 fish

1 yellow tang 1 purple tang 1 unicorn tang ( he is the pacman of my tank he just eats and eats doesnt care about the other fish) 2 blue hippo tangs

1 singapore angel 1 bicolor angel 1 koran angel 1 emperor angelfish
3 orange clown fish 3 black clown fish 1 tomato fish
1 4 strip damsel 1 3 strip damsel 2 Large Dominos ( dunno how they got so big) and about 5 yellow tail/ green damsels

i had a half orange/black clown fish but none of the fish seemed to like him as by clown fishes only hang out with the same color clown fish and where picking at him since he wasnt 100% of either (makes me think clown fish are racist)

Whats happened to angel,is called over crowding.
You have about 20 fish to many in that tank.And now that,that queens got that big hole in his side,the other fish are going to pick at it and basically eat it alive.

Damn! You should be able to keep 7 to 8 fish in a tank your size, maximum. You are killing your fish. Sorry to sound harsh, but that is totally unacceptable and irresponsible reefing!! You need to get rid of most of your fish. If you don't "thin out the herd" you are just going to have one after another kick the bucket, especially with all the aggressive fish you have chosen to keep.

I highly highly highly suggest you do some reading and research before you go any further in this hobby. Not only are you grossly overcrowded, but your tank size is too small for many of the fish you listed. You are on a bad path to nowhere unless you stop, get rid of your fish, and start doing some reading on the animals you are trying to keep.

I wouldn't put that many fish In Biffs tank!!!

Take the above advice and get rid of a lot of your fish. How'd you like to live in a 3 bedroom-1 bathroom house with 45 people?

Woah.
Not to be on the offensive, but:
A) You know you shouldn't have that many fish or
B) You haven't done the research to understand the fundamentals of keeping fish.

I'm hoping it's B and you're just naive to proper fish husbandry. Get some books at the bookstore and read up on as many online articles you can find! You can't know too much with this hobby! A good start is Saltwater Fish for Dummies, it's really comprehensive and gives you a solid BASE knowledge.

If you're making the mistake of having that many fish, there are probably other mistakes you are making that will kill & torture the fish.

For one, you shouldn't have any tangs in a tank that size. PLEASE do some research and ask us questions, we're glad to help....and return 90% of those fish!

Alex

It’s a wonder to me how that fish is still alive and that is just the tip of the iceberg! Your Koran and your emperor to start off are absolutely not compatible in any way. Now with your new addition even in my 180gal I was unable to keep even a pomacanthus and holacanthus in the same tank without major aggression. The bottom line is with a 70 gallon tank even if that was your ONLY fish that tank is still not sufficient enough for a fish that will get over 12 inches long. Please try to get in touch with a local reef club and try to get people to take these fish off of your hands. You may be able to get a few dollars back. See what your LFS will do about taking them back, but my guess is that with a lfs that is irresponsible enough to sell you all those fish for your tank they probably will not be too willing to work with you. As stated above please make priority number 1 thinning out your livestock not only is it too crowded but the bioload will soon crash your entire tank and kill all living inhabitants.Make priority 2 further research on proper and responsible reefkeeping. This is why im glad you decided to post on here. You have no idea the wealth of knowledge that a friendly forum can provide that has absolutely no money to make on you like an lfs does. This is why im trying to phrase everything as polite as possible. Im sure you didn’t know. There are tons of wonderful books out there but overall they forum will also be very happy to help you be properly informed. If saltwater is truly a desire for you to have as a hobby I really would like to help you understand the fundamentals of reef keeping before things go to complete hell. I would hate to see you get so discouraged off of a mistake you made and miss out on something you could have enjoyed. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take our advice. That unicorn tang alone will grow over 20 inches. That’s half the length of your tank! And they are not a fish that sits still they swim hundreds of miles a day in the ocean. Please get rid of your fish.-Alexander

just throw the tank in the trash

HA!
Yeah, probably same long term results anyhow...

Alexander is right - even though you'll get tons of crap for having so many fish and the wrong type of fish, don't let it turn you off of the hobby. Take the advice, get rid of most of those fish, and start small!

It's a shame the original poster doesn't come back and participate in the thread.

Seams to be the typical attitude nowadays....... if I like your advice, I'll come back and play. If I don't, I'll go elsewhere until I DO hear the advice I wanted to hear in the first place.

I got news for the original poster:
Anybody with even a modicum of sense in this hobby is going to tell you the same exact thing we just did. Anybody who tells you otherwise is either lying or just as inexperienced as you are.

Wow RC its been five hours and twenty six minutes. I bet the remote conTROLL forum you head up is a joy! I'm not defending the OP here I am going to ask you to read the "***ALL READ***" thread in the off topic section and read the comments about how the members here feel about posts Iike yours.

Wow RC its been five hours and twenty six minutes. I bet the remote conTROLL forum you head up is a joy! I'm not defending the OP here I am going to ask you to read the "***ALL READ***" thread in the off topic section and read the comments about how the members here feel about posts Iike yours.

I read your thread Ryan. I didn't think it was warranted, so I didn't comment.

I also don't appreciate you calling me a troll. I am blunt. Thats my personality. I didn't insult the OP or slam him. Just offered my take on this whole thread. They guy needs serious help, he was offered good advice and he refuses to come back and even acknowledge the responses. Same thing he did in the Intro thread. People spotted a poor setup and offered solid, but sometimes harsh advice. Not a peep from the OP.

You bucking for a Mod position or something? Get off your high horse or stop reading my posts if you don't like them.

Nope not looking for a moderator postition at all. As I said it has now been 6 hours and 19 minutes. Who knows maybe he is working in his tank attempting to catch those fish who cares really? All we can do is give the best advice we can and hope the poster takes it. Whats the point of chastising someone who ISNT EVEN HERE? Ok well its been 6 hours and 21 minutes, Im off to strike out a missing persons report!

OH and as for the TROLL comment, It is what it is, my friend.

Whats happened to angel,is called over crowding.
You have about 20 fish to many in that tank.And now that,that queens got that big hole in his side,the other fish are going to pick at it and basically eat it alive.

how you think it happen? is it the over crowing as people are saying? or just he was excited it was feeding time he ran out and hurt himself on the rocks?? as i just have about 70lbs or more of pure live rocks in there?? daugherty i wont be throwing the tank away thanks for the responds :D Alexander i havent decided on which fish to get rid of all the damels are gone but who esle do i remove? the blue angel since he looks ugly now? and weird thing is all the tangs hang out in 1 side while all the angel fish hang out in the other and the koran and emp seem to be getting along fine but the issue isnt right now but in a year right?? only issue ive had with the fish is domino / zebra damnels head butting me and whipping me with their tails when i take out the rocks to clean them lol and Rcpilot sorry for not replying sooner it was 6am when i posted all this stuff i went to the gym ate some breakfast went to church and even checked out the local farmers market so no need to fill out a missing persons report on my behalf as im here now and if u didnt know i joined this site for advice and better my knowledge of salt water tanks as as im still kinda new to the whole thing

He is being attacked by other fish. That is what overcrowding means. Injuries like that do not happen when fish run out and hurt themselves on rocks during feeding time. That chunk missing in his side was a chunk taken out by the mouth of another fish when he got too close. And your fish getting too close to one another is inevitable when you have so many fish in such a small tank.

You should definitely try to remove the tangs and angels, as those are the fish that are too large for your tank.

i already removed the damNels they put up a fight but there're out
so im about to post them on craigslist for free and see if anyone wants them

ill do the same with the koran angel since he is changing and i cant have no adult fish in the tank right??

Back