Is Aiptasia-X harmful to coral?

mcguire6799

Reefing newb
I have some Aiptasia growing on 2 of my zoa colonies. One is on my eagle eye, which I could treat with Aiptasia-X without getting it on my coral, the other is on my whammin watermelon zoas, these are one of my favorite Zoas and took me a while to get and have not seen anyone else in my area with them, but the Aiptasia is pretty much flush with them. Will it harm the coral if it gets on some polyps also?

Make sure you turn off flow while you do it, I got some aptasia x on a Zoa and it definitely didn't like it. I would proceed with caution

It did'nt piss off any of my corals & I have SPS, LPS, Sofies & Zoos. Just have a turkey bsater handy. That way if some hits your zoos....you can just jetstream it off. Aiptasia X only takes about 4 seconds or so to work so I think you should be fine.

Used it, turned off pumps and powerheads and skimmer too. Killed the aiptasia that I could see, got some on my whammin watermelons like I thought I would and some are still closed 3 hours later, does not surprise me. Take a look at them in the morning.

Back