is this aiptasia?

MikeYG1345

Reef observer
hey,
im new here and new to marine fish keeping, just set up first tank for cycle noticed two strange polyps appear and thought they could be aiptasia. Both appeared on the same piece of live rock however yesterday one of the little guys decided to make the journey across my tank to relocate himself, if it is aiptasia i wish i had grabbed him out when i had the chance. I have looked at many pictures of aiptasia and cant figure out what iv got as it appears to have a more rounded head compared to thin branch look that iv seen in pictures.
heres a pic... please help me identify.

IMG_2421.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2421.jpg
    IMG_2421.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
get several peppermint shrimp and they will get any pieces you missed,ive never had a problem with aptasia nems when i had peppermints

get several peppermint shrimp and they will get any pieces you missed,ive never had a problem with aptasia nems when i had peppermints

Yes thanks, although I did manage to remove the aiptasia I did get a peppermint only to make sure it doesn't come back and also it does a good job at keeping other things a bay.

yep for sure they will kill small aiptasia but not usually the big ones. Also to kill aiptasia just remove the rock from the main display into a bucket and hit it with lemon juice.

(If you do it in the display they release pores into the water and it spreads, basically like a dandelion)

Back