It passed!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by mcmusashi5, Aug 2, 2011.

1. mcmusashi5

mcmusashi5 Octopus Wizard

What do you guys think about this?

mcmusashi5, Aug 2, 2011
    1. Advertising

2. mcmusashi5

BL1 ............. Moderator

I'm not sure what to think about it .... what are you talking about?

BL1, Aug 2, 2011
    1. Advertising

3. mcmusashi5

4. mcmusashi5

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Aint nothing changed.Except for making it easier for their "Super Committee" to strip even more more of our rights away.
    The credit rating will still end up being downgraded and companies will continue to close raising the number of unemployed which will drive us down even further.

All they did was get it out of their hair until after the 2012 elections.Come 2013,it'll be the same song and dance.And again,nothing will change until the American people grow enough back bone to vote every single one of the bastards out of office.

yote, Aug 2, 2011
  5. mcmusashi5

jcegt87 Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!

Showcase Tank(s):
    agree with yote

i dont know where i heard it cause i was just listening to the TV

but they asked the person "so who do you think won, the rep or the dems" the person answered in the best way i think anyone could

he said " who won ,... the politicians"

this is just pushing the inevitable back once 2013 comes along its back to square one

the american people are losing may you be republican / democrat/ independent , whatever

the only ones winning are the super rich 1% club

jcegt87, Aug 2, 2011
  6. mcmusashi5

Smitty

Showcase Tank(s):
    Although it may have passed, just wait and see, the prices of things and interest rates are about to start creeping up. Including mortgages and taxes.

Smitty, Aug 2, 2011
  7. mcmusashi5

over my head

+1 Yote

over my head, Aug 2, 2011
  8. mcmusashi5

Definitely Agree with Yote.

mcmusashi5, Aug 2, 2011
  9. mcmusashi5

Plus, What is politics but a complicated corrupt song and dance?

mcmusashi5, Aug 2, 2011
  10. mcmusashi5

Toolman RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH

Don’t know about everybody else found a way to pay all the CC (so no fish for awhile) paying off mortgage and buying a floor safe which will be protected by Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson. But mark the day everyone of these jack wads will be re-elected

Toolman, Aug 2, 2011
  11. mcmusashi5

Marines_Wife

Ya know when I was a kid I used to think he was crazy when he called them "Evil and Conspiring men".
    I am older now with my own daughter paying my own bills and trying to figure out how to make it from one pay period to the next. They never do anyone any good! When Obama said the military would be getting a pay raise I thought "well its about damn time, we get paid squat." and true to his word he did. However he also raised the taxes enough so we never even say a penny raise in the paychecks.
    I whine and I moan about my government like everyone else but I guess that makes me no better than everyone else because by reelecting these a$$hats its just choosing to continue on the path to destruction.
    I worry about what my daughter will see in her time. The country is being run into the ground, deforestation and overfishing all over the world......what am I leaving her with besides a mess

Marines_Wife, Aug 2, 2011
  12. mcmusashi5

Our children will have to hang their heads in shame as they look back in history at what their parents let happen to their country and world.Knowing that it could all have been very different if their parents generation had,had the balls to stand for whats right and the morals to stand up to the power hungry..

yote, Aug 2, 2011
  13. mcmusashi5

Marines_Wife

Is it that we didnt have the balls or we didnt care.

14. mcmusashi5

grumpy

A little of both

grumpy, Aug 2, 2011
  15. mcmusashi5

Toolman RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH

This is what happens when the Greatest Generation hands off to the I'm getting mine generation sad but true :grumble:

Toolman, Aug 2, 2011
  16. mcmusashi5

Amen. Throughout history the fall of great civilization was started by the decline in morals.

mcmusashi5, Aug 2, 2011
  17. mcmusashi5

Marines_Wife

No offense but the greatest generation started failing their kids and the failing has continued on. Parents let their kids get away with murder and teach them zero responsibility and then wonder why everything is going down in a ball of flames.

18. mcmusashi5

Zissou What about my dynamite? VIP Member

Hmm, I'd say a lot of it has to do with the fact that everything's been so expensive the last few decades that both parents have to work. Oh, and women wanting to be like men have a lot to do with it too. Men are still expected to be breadwinners and fathers, but young women don't want to be anything but 'free'.

Gross generalizing of course, but I hate it when some chicks go off on how their tough and independent, and then they expect you to lift heavy things for them in the workplace or pay for their lunch. Or how they give you the death glare when you open a door for them, because, even though they complain chivalry is dead, they don't want you to do some things for them because it's presumptuous and disrespectful. Rant rant rant.

:mrgreen:

Oh, and just to clarify, I want to emphasize the word 'expect'. I don't mean to imply that men are any better, it's just that we're still 'expected' to be men, while it seems a lot of women get a free pass these days. I'm perfectly fine with those expectations, and will be the first person to admit that most men these days are irresponsible and don't want to take care of themselves or their credit. The lack of self-accountability nowadays is just out of control.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
    Zissou, Aug 2, 2011
  19. mcmusashi5

Actually,It was the baby boomers that started letting morels go down the tubes and it's just gotten worse with every generation.And folks can say what they want too,but the slippery slop became a vertical incline when prayer was taken out of school.And yes,I DO remember school prayer every morning followed by the Pledge.
    I can actually remember when if you got a paddling at school,you'd get another one as soon as soon you got home.You were actually supposed to take responsibility for your actions.Learn to be self supportive.
    Now kids are taught that no matter what they do,nothing is going to happen or at the most,a slap on the wrist.Their taught that the government will take care of all their problems.Give em a place to live,food,lights.I mean why should they have to actually work when somebody else can work and to pay their up keep.They've been taught that the world works to support their lazy asses.

OK
    I'll stop my rantin now:grumble:

yote, Aug 2, 2011
  20. mcmusashi5

Marines_Wife

By a few members in here I have caught quite a bit of heat that I am a SAHM. Its not neccesarily true, my husband and I also run a business together and I handle all of the advertising and the customer service. However I do it out of my home so ok, Im a SAHM. Ill be 100% honest I agree with you. The TV is raising our kids, no one sits down to the dinner table anymore and there isnt any structure in our kids lives. We are to lazy to deal with them.
    Maybe to a lot of people it isnt fair that I stay at home. Maybe they hate that women are still SAHM. But I believe that it works.

I know I am going to out myself as a 1950's wife here but I agree with you. My husband brings home the bacon, I do the cooking, the cleaning, the child rearing and everything else I can to alleviate his stress here at home. He deals with the world, I deal with our home. I expect my husband to treat me like his princess, but thats because I treat him like my king. Anything otherwise, IMO is unacceptable. That being said my husband and I depend on eachother as a unit. We work as a team. I hold him responsible for his end of the bargain just as he does mine. But thats the respect we have for eachother. Im not saying our way is superior, I just believe if more families were "traditional" we wouldnt be where we are

1. Advertising