Killing colonial hydroids

Colonial hydroids are rough. There isn't anything that eats them. They are considered one of the worst pests.

You can try removing the rocks one by one, smothering them with a thick kalk paste, and letting it sit on them...

There isn't much you can do without removing the rocks though. I don't know of any treatments you can do in the tank.

A friend of mine suggested covering them with an epoxy blanket for a couple of months being as they are photosynthetic. Anyone ever tried that???

A friend of mine suggested covering them with an epoxy blanket for a couple of months being as they are photosynthetic. Anyone ever tried that???

Theres only a could of types that are photosynthetic.The rest are non-photosynthetic.You can try the epoxy,but I'll bet they just pop up around the edges of it.
The ONLY way I know that really gets rid of em,is completely pulling the rock they are on and sitting it outside in the sun for a few days.

Here ya go.

HydroidsAsm.jpg

What-Is-This2%5B1%5D%20hydroz.JPG

It's true. Right now I'm just totally stumped. I am having a hard time coming up with a place that I can discretely dump the bodies of one man, six cats and two dogs. Other casualties of the incident that caused David's tank crash.

It's true. Right now I'm just totally stumped. I am having a hard time coming up with a place that I can discretely dump the bodies of one man, six cats and two dogs. Other casualties of the incident that caused David's tank crash.

Pig farm, end of discussion, just make sure you pull the teeth and then put them in a vice then throw remains into grand canyon

Back