Kole Tang and Yellow Tang

shouldnt be a problem at all. in your 175 i assume? It should be just fine. yellow tang is a zebrasoma and kole is Ctenochaetus. 2 totally different types of tangs. In fact RyanG has that combo in his 180 with a naso

Different color and different shape. Should work fine IME

029.jpg

Bought the kole tang today
i got the tang and a bottle of aptasia x for $40
tang is about 4"
ill post pics as soon as he settles in

well i acclimated last night for an hour or so
turned the tank lights off, let everyone go to sleep, and dropped the kole in the tank
this morning the yellow tang was showing his dominance
we will see how it is going when i get home

I never really felt bad for a fish, but the kole kept looking at me with those big yellow puppy dog eyes, saying "dude, i was happy, then i was in a bag, and now im getting the crap kicked out of me WTF!!"

I actually felt bad

I used to think that fish would typically get along if the tank was big enough. However experience now tells me different. I believe it just depends on the fish involved and some good luck.

Good luck with yours.

Try to catch your yellow tang, put him in your sump, or QT until your kole gets settled.

Kole tangs are one of the most docile tangs so they can get beat up and stressed pretty easily. Yellow tangs unfortunatly should be one of the last tangs that you add to your system, including any zebrasoma, they are very territorial.

IME just cut out the lights and move some rock around during times of aggression.. Give it a day or two and they should be OK.

Back