Leopard wrasse

jarock

Reefing newb
i was thinking about getting one i have done research on them , but still really unclear if i should try to or not, any ever have one ?

Yeah, one of my favorite fish. They can be difficult to get eating, so a refugium with lots of pods is very important. They are peaceful fish and are reef safe. A great choice for a tank!

I did an internet search because I am also interested in getting one and found this disturbing tidbit of information:

"The Leopard Wrasse needs to be kept in quarantine for several weeks and needs to be treated against internal worms, 70%-80% of them arrive with intestinal worms."

:grumble:

I did an internet search because I am also interested in getting one and found this disturbing tidbit of information:

"The Leopard Wrasse needs to be kept in quarantine for several weeks and needs to be treated against internal worms, 70%-80% of them arrive with intestinal worms."

If you special order it from your LFS, a lot of them will treat them for you. :)

i seen that to ! was a little worried reading that since myself i do not have a qt.

Back