lighting for a 55...

Cheeser

I Love Reefer
right now i have a 48" marineland reef capable led fixture...
its a decent light fixture...i would probably reccomend it for like a 40 gallon i think a 55 is too deep...
i recently have been using both my marineland led fixture AND my 48" hagen glo t5 ho...
i get alot better lighting in my tank now but im wondering if the corals are getting the light they need...
i wanna get a fixture in which i can grow all kinds of sps and hard corals...
what fixture do u guys reccomend?

preferably programmable leds with dusk and dawn...
but ill go metal halides or t5s also i just want the best!

What kind of budget do you have? Two of the AI Sol's or the EcoTech Radions would let you keep whatever you wanted. Both have programmable capabilities for dawn / dusk

how much are they? where can i get them?
i dont have a budget...i would have to sell my current fixtures im using to help out.

AI Sols are around $400 and Radions are about $750. Ecoxotic and Innovative Marine also make really nice fixtures, but I dont think theyre programmable.

These fixtures can be purchased all over the place. I would recommend either reefgeek or BRS though

Keep in mind if you buy the AI sols, you'll need the 4 foot rails, the 24" system (two modules) comes with only 2 foot rails because the first gen units were designed to be run one unit per foot. The new generation fixtures can cover a 2x2 area if you can hang them about 10 inches above the tank. It's $400 a fixture, so you'd be looking at $800 for the lights, and something like $75 for the controller

Or you could look in to the finsanity LEDs... They don't have all the cool features of the name brand LEDs but are very bright and a heck of a lot cheaper.

my 55 is 48" long can i just have one ecotech radion fixture or do i have to get 2?
its like 12" itself...
if i had to get 2 i might just have to go with the ai sols but i really dig the radions.
and it would be nice to just have one fixture instead of 2.

Yah one wouldn't be nearly enough. But from what I've heard the radions are a bit more powerful output wise than SOLs so you'd be getting more from two radions.

Back