Lighting suggestions

BigH55

I'm that guy
How would you guys light a 30"x13"x6" tall tank? Looking for some options. I have a 20" 96 watt PC light but I dont knw if this will be enough to support SPS frags.

why not do a retrofit?

an icecap 660, overdriving 4 giesemann powerchromes should easily do the trick. and if for some reason you want more light, the 660 will run up to 16' worth of bulbs at a maximum of 440 watts.

Im lookig to spend no more than 200 on lights. this is a budget build. i want to have the tank up and running for at most $400. So far i spent $90 on the tank and $60 on the bookshelf/stand. So I have $250 left for the return pump and lighting. Any input would help.

ati powermodules probally best fixtures out there, than aquactinics(constellation, tx5, solarflare), than current usa's(nova extreme pro) as far as fixtures go alot of people build canopies and use retro kits.

ati powermodules probally best fixtures out there, than aquactinics(constellation, tx5, solarflare), than current usa's(nova extreme pro) as far as fixtures go alot of people build canopies and use retro kits.
i agree with this totally but let me make some quick edits if you dont mind.

1. i would add the tek fixture in between the aquactinics and the nova extreme pro

2. the ATI sunpower should also be added to the list at number two since it is slightly less powerful then the powermodule

tek fixture i don't think are fan cooled all others are. But i never tried one out so not sure about them. most people pick retro kits cause they are much cheaper, dr foster and smith website has good sale on current brand light fixture though. hellolights.com usually has some nice prices on retro kits and reflectors.

I have a Tek light fixture and it is GREAT. I have the 48" 4x54W version. Built it reflectors make it that much better. I've heard very few people speak badly about them.

Tek-lights are pretty sweet... but I love retros, since I can't afford to keep a tek-light for myself :P IceCap 660 and giesemann bulbs :bowdown:

Back