living reef ?

jermpool

NAAO President
This isn't the right place for this question but not sure where to put it. Why is there a trigger on the living reefs logo? There not exactly reef safe are they?

they don't usualy hurt corals but they will mess up your snails:) I really want to set up a FOWLR tank so i can have a clown trigger. this guy has got to be my favorite fish.

AndyB4784 said:
they don't usualy hurt corals but they will mess up your snails:) I really want to set up a FOWLR tank so i can have a clown trigger. this guy has got to be my favorite fish.

I have always heard that they weren't reef safe. Never experimented with it though. The Niger is one of my favorite fish. Thanks.

let me know how it goes in fact if you want to fully stock it I will buy you the trigger just to see something you worked so hard at raising go down the drain like a mated pair of maroons :) :Buds:

not really you know me better than that, but keep this in mind if he starts destroying your tank dont think your gonna put him in mine you can put your corals in there but not that big ugly blue thing.

JellyMan said:
not really you know me better than that, but keep this in mind if he starts destroying your tank dont think your gonna put him in mine you can put your corals in there but not that big ugly blue thing.

Yeah you would borrow the money from me to buy it. But I might try it later.

Yeah jrem and jelly,keep us posted on that expermint,that i can tell my wife no when she goes to wanting one,,,lol

you have to do your own research and decide for yourself what is and what isn't. I've seen plenty of coral eating tangs. Tangs are universaly considered to be "reef safe". Trigers will eat your snails and shrimp but will almost always leave your corals alone.

Last edited:
:sfish: Our first saltwater tank started with a niger then we built a reef around him. He never bothered any corals,ate a snail or hemit every now and then . Keep them well feed and we always took him out of the tank when we put in new fish then reintroduced him to the tank and left then lights out until the next morning(it worked for him) if not he was a bully to the new fish.Then we went on vacation and my mom was suppose to keep them feed but i think she forgot a day or two because we can back minus a couple of black clowns and a coral band shrimp. :twocents: :sfish:

Tanks002.jpg

I have a clown trigger, a bursa trigger and a picasso trigger and I cant keep a clean up crew. I've only recently tried experimenting with some soft corals to liven up the rocks but so far I have had no problems with a cabbage coral a finger leather ( might be tree leather Im not sure which) and some green mushrooms. My rock with the zoos is not doing very well but I've not seen anyone actually eating them and it did get knocked around a few times before I got rid of my dragon wrasse. I had all the fish before I started trying to add any corals so I really didn't do most of my reading until then and thats when I tried adding snail and crabs. Out of about 30- 40 nirites, 10 narcissus and 6 crabs I think I have 1 or each left ( might have more than one narcissus but I've only seen 1 out and they hide pretty well.

Back