LTA and Rock Flower

clancaster23

Reefing newb
Overnight my LTA decided for the first time ever since I got it to move from his spot on the side of the tank to near the center, right next to one of my rock flower anemones. So far it looks like all is fine. I had to move a few of my corals that the LTA was touching and you can tell it was having an effect on them. It can actually still reach one of my blastomussas but it doesn't seem to bother it. The rock flower and LTA aren't even really touching eachother or anything but can I expect some kind of fighting between the two and should I move the rock flower?

Yes there could be some battle. I would monitor closely especially since your LTA apparently is on the move. Anything change that would make it move--- flow, added coral, light? Something caused it to move so keep an eye b/c it could very well start walking again.

Well I have had to do a few things to the tank, two of those being I had to move a powerhead from my side glass to the rear so I was getting flow to the front of the tank and I have been adding coral but nothing in the area that he could reach. I will be watching it closer. Coincidentally I am looking to sell him and just put the ad up yesterday, maybe it heard me and now it's being defiant lol.

Back