Messages Missing

Amba

Ol' Salty
I am finding that I cannot see certain messages, on all threads. This is on my phone as well as my computer/tablet. JW if anyone else is having the same problem.

What do you mean you can't see certain messages? Specifically what can't you see and how do you know you're missing things if you can't see them?

Haven't noticed this. Sometimes posts get deleted by mods because they are vulgar or personal attacks. Could this be the case?

I haven't noticed any missing, but will keep an eye out.

What do you mean you can't see certain messages? Specifically what can't you see and how do you know you're missing things if you can't see them?

Sometimes I will post something, or I will see a post that was posted very recently, and I will reload the page and it will be gone, then appear later. I think this might be a browser issue, I use Firefox, and just updated it. I'll post if it happens again.

It sounds like it could be a browser caching issue - but I'll dig a little deeper in to this if anyone else has a problem :).

This has now happened to me as well, at least twice. Two nights ago I responded to a post, then went to look for it the next day to see if anyone else had responded and the post was completely gone. The OP had started a new thread and I replied on that thread again. Earlier today I read a post that had 4-5 replies, then came back a few hours later to respond to it and its vanished. Not sure what's happening here!

I've actually had a problem with post or views not showing up till much later.

I'll refresh the "My Threads" page, and there will be 0 replies 1 or 2 views
Refresh it 1-2 minutes later, and it will show replies and 40-50 views. I doubt 40-50 people look at a thread that I put up within a time of 1-2 minutes, but it does the same with replies.

Not a big deal, just saying I have a related case

This has now happened to me as well, at least twice. Two nights ago I responded to a post, then went to look for it the next day to see if anyone else had responded and the post was completely gone. The OP had started a new thread and I replied on that thread again. Earlier today I read a post that had 4-5 replies, then came back a few hours later to respond to it and its vanished. Not sure what's happening here!

I can't see anything disappearing from the DB unless it's deleted by a mod or the person who made the first post - if you have a link to something that has disappeared then I can take a look at the DB and see what happened, but without that then there's nothing else I can see (as everything seems intact).

I've actually had a problem with post or views not showing up till much later.

I'll refresh the "My Threads" page, and there will be 0 replies 1 or 2 views
Refresh it 1-2 minutes later, and it will show replies and 40-50 views. I doubt 40-50 people look at a thread that I put up within a time of 1-2 minutes, but it does the same with replies.

Not a big deal, just saying I have a related case

View are updated hourly (to reduce server load) so that may explain this one - plus if a search engine crawls the thread then it will also count as a "view". New threads are often crawled by Google/Bing etc... so there's an initial "bump" in thread views in one go. Hope that helps! :)

Back