Micro bubbles

navyguyame

Reefing newb
So I was recently given a reef octopus xs200 for my 90 gallon tank. I know its over kill but it was a gift. It has been setup and running now for 4 days. when I woke up this morning my tank was full of micro bubbles. They are coming from the skimmer but I cannot adjust it to where they stop. I have never had this problem in the past with any other skimmer.

It has stopped producing bubble now the cup is filling up about every min on the wide open setting. I have it connected to a drain line going back in to the sump. I an not to concerned about it right now because I am still cycling. Maybe it will straighten up in a few days.

Maybe the water height is not proper for it?

Do you have the directions and did you follow all the things about water height?

Maybe you have it set up as a hang on but still it needs to be set-up as the directions.

Also you do not even need it during cycling. I know some people do but I never did and never had any issue with the tank.

The water leve is marked on the side of the skimmer it is spot on. It is not a hang on I have it in the sump. I probly don't need it for the cycle but I knew this would happen so I set it up early so I didn't have these problems once there are fish and coral in the tank.

The water level that it should be sitting in is marked on the side? Never heard of that or a skimmer with that before, that is convenient.

I have seen many with the water level marked for how how to adjust it on the inside level.

I just never heard of that before.

Like my Reef Octopus has to be in 8-10 inches of water I think it is.

AAny less and it may not get enough water and any more and it may overflo because the outlet pipe is under water.

Usually the outlet pipe has something to do with it but I do not think that is always.

I put a PVC U to quiet my skimmer and just put it sideways at a down angle kind of and it was cause problems sometimes when I pull the return pumps plug to change my sump socks because the water rises and stops the flow of water just a little bit.

Annoying in the least but man it is almost silent with it on.

I have seen many skimmers with water line levels in the neck under the cup so that you can set the water level in the skimmer to get the best skimmate production.

If the skimmer is used it should not be making micro-bubble per say as it would as new since the oil is already removed.

If I put new sump sock in without pre-washing them from the factory I will get micro-bubbles for days. These are the e-shopp socks.

The Aqueon socks never did this though.

Back