MikeG's 60 Gallon

MikeG

Ex-Member
I originally set this tank up a little over 2 years ago and unfortunately used most of what I knew from my saltwater tanks in the mid-80's when I went about it. I started off with crushed coral and an undergravel filter and not doing any fish research I put a Sailfin Tang in the tank. So just this last Memorial Day long weekend I took the oportunity to break the tank down and remove the crushed coral and undergravel filter and also moved the Sailfin Tang to his new home in my 180 gallon tank where he is very happy. I used a fine sand this time when I redid the tank and added a little more dry rock. As of now I just have the 3 fish (Coral Beauty, Maroon Yellow Stripe Clown and Blue Damsel) in the tank and I afraid with them being so established it would almost be impossible to add any new fish unless it was as aggressive as a Great White Shark. LOL. I also have a Blood Red Fire Shrimp, Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, 2 hermit crabs and a handful of snails, mostly Turbos.

Took a video with my new camcorder, my first video so it's a little jumpy. Next purchase is a tri-pod for the camcorder to steady things up a bit. Hope you enjoy. The video is in Photobucket, click on the photo to go to my photobucket account. Thanks for looking. :D

Thanks, Matt. Sometimes he looks like his stomach is gonna burst, he's such a pig. Funny thing is for a bad ass Damsel he is the low man on the totem pole in the tank and gets chased by the Angel and the Clown.

Chichi, that Clown is a peckerhead. I know you have Maroon's and you know how they are. He (she) has decided the whole right side of the tank belongs to it and any coral I put over there had better be anchored firmly or over it's getting pushed. I actually have to chase the clown away from me with a net just to work in the tank or my hand and arm get attacked. The meanist fish I've ever seen.

Yep, they are mean. And my female has pushed over an acan lord that I apparently put to close to her area. I found it the next morning on its fleshy side and was like, "That maroon bitch!" LOL She also drug around the chaeto when I tried to have it in the display, and I have also seen her carrying around the substrate!

Back