my clowns just dont like me..

marcah

Reef enthusiast
I was feeding my nems yesterday and talk about protective fish.. They attacked my hand and arms with vigor trying to keep me from getting near the two nems.. First time it has been that bad. They usually swam around my arm bumping into it but they were nipping me this time.. Guess they figured it is their job to take care of them .. :D

Same with them and my big frogspawn. Sucks becuase its right dead center in the middle of the tank! :roll:

its funny I have to get on a step stool to reach down into the tank and as soon as I start climbing it they come to attention and swim to the middle where the smaller nem is... Just swimming through it until they see my hand come in...then it starts..

I flick them mine with my finger. doesn't do anything to stop them from attacking, but makes me feel better :mrgreen:

Haha I have to do the same to keep mine from drawing blood. After I put the algae clip in my female clown attacks it non-stop until the other fish finish the algae sheet.

they will let any fish in the tank come right up to the nem, but not me, all they have to see is me raise my hand up toward the tank and they are at attention..:grumble:

Mine are quite tame unless your are my pajama cardinal. mine will also swim in to my hand when cupped at times. Hell no one in the tank likes the PJ cardinal

I just put my hand near my goby's den and he protects my hand. haha i kid you not, he will flare up if the clown comes close, but if i keep my hand there for long enough he investigates and is fine with swimming around my hand, like the time i had the net in the water, and he swam in it, and just sat in the on his pelvic fin. What wierd fish i have.

Those basterds wouldn't eat if they bit me...my old clarkii clowns used to nip also, so I got rid if them. "never bite the hand that feeds you"

The only fish that ever bit me seriously (drawing blood) was my trigger...
But I've been sliced by a tang and chomped by a snowflake eel. Bastards.

My clowns never used to be mean but I think they were juviniles and now have matured. Now the female attacks me and the male is right behind watching and cheering her on. Most of the time she goes after my bracelet and not my arm but they have never hurt me or anything, just startled me.

Back