My First 10 gal Nano

JORDAN WILLOUGHBY

Reefing newb
Tell me what you think, not bad for almost 2 months in...In my opinion.

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 275
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 214
Last edited by a moderator:
Im working on all the info atm.... got if free from a friend. My plains are to get as much as i can in the tank until my 160 gal gets setup.

ok here what i know so far...I have 2 clowns, 2 turbo snails, Coral Bandit shrimp, candlestick anemone, and a long tentacle anemone. So far...also 3 small herm crabs

Im looking to put a hammer coral in there

whats yalls opinions ??

Last edited:
I love Euphyllia (hammer, frogspawn, torch, etc...) I would worry about those anemones, though, as they usually need pretty stable conditions that are hard to have in a new tank.

I agree with Kyle, with the anemones being in a new tank you need to make sure your water quality stays top notch.

A hammer coral is a good beginners coral and they are fun to watch.

Zoanthids, green star polyps, frogspawn, Duncan, favias...FYI, anemones do need around 6 months to a year of a tank being up and running

I would maybe do 3 months if the new tank syndrome was passed but a young 10G tank is risky, however they do look ok but are reaching for light it seems

What's a good nano tank to buy and what all do they come with or what's equipment to put in a 10 or 20 gallon nano to get things going

I ran a 5.5, 10 and 20. I think my favorite was the 5.5. Toss a few pounds of sand and rock in and a good light (Par 38 or a ReefBreeders LED) with a single 425 or 2x 240 Koralias. I think a 240 and 425 would be good in a 10 and I ran 2x425's in my 20. 5.5-10 gallons are a good nano size because they are easy to fill up quickly and make to look full.

A word of caution, though: nano tanks take a lot of maintenance to keep stable. Get on a schedule of water changes and think about an ATO.

Back