My other Half

BigH55

I'm that guy
I think its funny how my soon to be wife bitches about how much money I spend on my fish tank, but then is the first one over there showing it off to her friends. She always tells everything we do to the tank. I don't know what WE she is talking about. Ive never seen her touch the thing. It doesnt make me mad i just think its funny and wanted to share. Anyone else have similar stories?

My girlfriend, of 5yrs... so pretty much my wife, doesn't even know the amount of $$$ I'm about to drop on my new tank. She constantly gets aggravated with me because I'm spending so much time looking at stuff to buy or do to the tank. I just change the subject whenever she asks me questions about it. Which is exactly what she needs to know... NOTHING!! And that's all we can do man... avoid, deny and lie. I'm sure I'll get b**ched about it later. However!! I could give a :pooh: less cuz its MY $$ and MY hobby.

You should get your girl excited to do things with your tank. Maybe make her scrape the glass or teach her to do the water changes so you can sit back and watch. lol

Ive tried. After years of watching me do it she has caught on to the amount of work it is. She always tells me that everything I buy is green and I need more color. She doesnt realize that more color=more money in this hobby. im a firm believer in begging for forgiveness than asking for permission.

That's funny as heck...To keep my wife off my back, I started calling the FO tank hers, and she started believing it, so now she shows it off to her family and friends...she even came to the lfs with me and picked out the foxface because he looked "pretty", to go in the FO tank...I do all the work to the tank, she enjoys all the pleasure...HA,HA...thats also sounds like what go on in the bedroom too.

My wife keeps telling me that I need more "colorfull" stuff in my tank.Well,the "colorfull" stuff she likes,aint reef safe.None of em.Then she says I got too much rock and not enough fish.OH,And I neglect her honey-do list in order to work on the tank.
But at least when I'm fooling around with my tank,she's outta my hair:D

Whoa guys...I'll be going on one year of marriage this July...Guess I got a lot to learn...It's not only fish that are interesting I see...I've never had therapy, but with this site, I won't ever need it.

Whoa guys...I'll be going on one year of marriage this July...Guess I got a lot to learn...It's not only fish that are interesting I see...I've never had therapy, but with this site, I won't ever need it.

Thats why we're on this site:D
Its good therapy:Cheers:

Back