NEED DIY drip for Kalk

I dont have any pics of mine.But maybe I can give you the idea.
I took a gallon water jug(lose about a gallon a day)and siliconed a 12inch piece of airline tube in the bottom.I use one of the drip things that they put on IV lines at the hospital to adjust the drip rate.I just fill the jug with fresh kalk and sit it on top of my fuge so it drips into the pump compartment.
Seems to work alright for now,only used it about a week.

I used to have a 1 gallon jug that had a piece of tubing attached to it (about 1 1/2" above the bottom), so that it wouldn't suck up the powder at the bottom. It worked pretty well, but you have to make sure that the drip is consistent and that it doesn't let too much water come out. You can cause fluctuations if the kalk isn't dripped at the right rate, but it is very effective and is cheap, two things that make it really good in my book.

Thanks for the ideas on this. I wanted to ask the same question.
Does anyone use a Kalk reactor and what would one of those run me? I would like to add one while I am still in the setting up phase of my 165.
I don't like the idea of mixing up lime water every day.
Also do you use aquarium store kalk or pickling lime? At what dose?

Thanks again.

made mine for about 6 bucks. empty water bottle drilled a hole in the lid for the 1/8 inch plastic tubing left over from my ro sys. plastic quarter turn ball valve with push on connectors for the tubing. mix the kalk stuff the tubing in to the desired depth start a siphon and adjust the drip with the valve, dont forget to loosen the cap on the water bottle.

Back