Need help reading Salifert KH test

Nu2Reefs

Reefing newb
I guess I'm hoping my test is off and not my alk but probable not
OK for someone familiar with this kit I hope this makes sense
If I read the results from the top if the piston ( as indicated in the instructions) my KH is 6.7 Alk is 2.40 If I read it from the actual liquid in the syringe it is KH 9.9 Alk 3.54 Which is the right reading and am I doing something wrong? Should there be that much air in syringe or am I supposed to fill the syringe first then add the tip? Instructions say " there will be some air present..."

The instructions given to me were to fill the liquid up to .8 - and then read the top (not the liquid level).

Yea thanks thats what it says I guess what I was wondering is if just over .2ml is "just a small amount of air" or if I'm loading the syringe wrong?

I forget what brand mine is ill look it up when I get home but I highly suggest it it reads just like the calcium test kit.

Thanks I think I have it figured out. Im guessing if Adrastos' instructions say fill to .8 and mine say fill to exactly 1 that accounts for the .2 of air. Im guessing his doesn't have the long tip on the syringe.

Mine has the long tip... it's .2ish in volume

My instructions were not from the manufacturer.. they are from an experienced keeper. The liquid gets filled to the .8 +.2 in the tip = 1

Back