New 180g Build

+1 Jmck

A video of some goby/tang action would be appreciated!

I'm happen to be planning on picking up a sharknose goby and a yellow tang when i setup my tank and it would be like a little teaser :D

And i'm diggin the tank too, the inwall looks so nice! How big of a room do you have behind there for all the gear? pictures of the supporting hardware?!:bowdown:

+1 Jmck

A video of some goby/tang action would be appreciated!

I'm happen to be planning on picking up a sharknose goby and a yellow tang when i setup my tank and it would be like a little teaser :D

And i'm diggin the tank too, the inwall looks so nice! How big of a room do you have behind there for all the gear? pictures of the supporting hardware?!:bowdown:

Ha Ha. My tank is in my office in my basement. The room on the other side of the wall is my furnace room/fish room. I guess it's about 12x12. As far as equipment, nothing to really speak of, I've got a 55g sump and an algae scrubber. That's it.

My Female clown started hosting my Xenia today. Kinda weird, she acts like it's the first time she's ever noticed it before...Only took her 6 months.

Attachments

• ClownXenia.jpg
    ClownXenia.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 273
I've read that starfish' legs normally don't/won't grow back in an aquarium setting. I inherited this guy with my LR, the previous owner had a mantis shrimp that took his leg. I swear his leg is trying to grow back. I'm glad too, when he sits on a rock in certain positions he looks like a headless person.

Attachments

• link2.jpg
    link2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 261
  • bluelinkiia.jpg
    bluelinkiia.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 251
These pics are for Wonton. Here's what I was talking about Wonton...Obviously there's a signficant difference.

Everyone else: These pictures are showing a signficant difference in y foxface' color when I started feeding more algae sheets on a daily basis rather than once or twice a week. When I first got my FF I fed mostly mysis and gave algae sheets once or twice per week. After awhile, I noticed that my FF wasn't as bright in color, I thought it might be my water, etc. IMO it was just that he wasn't getting enough needed nutrients from mysis and the small amount of algae. I don't naturally have algae in my tank, so there's nothing to graze on.

I know that FF can go cammo, what I'm describing is something different entirely. The yellow color was fading away.. The first pic is before. The next is after.

In the first picture you can see how "dirty" he looks...He looked like that 24/7. until I upped the amount of algae sheets I was feeding. You can also see the amount of weight gain. I can actually say he's fat now.

Attachments

• FoxfaceALgae.jpg
    FoxfaceALgae.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 271
  • Foxface72110.JPG
    Foxface72110.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 275
  • Foxface721102.JPG
    Foxface721102.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Yeah I was telling PRC that mine would look faded sometimes, but usually when I startle him by walking past. It's so hard to tell with their camo and all.

I only give algae sheets once a week until the blenny and foxface eat up all the hair algae, then I'll resume putting it out for them daily.

Since I haven't updated in quite awhile, here ya go. Just some random pics of my fish and some tank shots.

Attachments

• Foxface.JPG
    Foxface.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 252
  • FFOST.JPG
    FFOST.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 249
  • FFandTangs.JPG
    FFandTangs.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Cave.jpg
    Cave.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 265
  • Buddies.jpg
    Buddies.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 250
Here are some of the tank with my new aquascaping job...Don't mind the PVC showing, I'm not 100% done yet. Trying to get a more open look with lots of tunnels and holes to swim through. Fish seem to like it so far.

Attachments

• FTS.JPG
    FTS.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 286
  • Half Tank.JPG
    Half Tank.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 263
  • MidTank.JPG
    MidTank.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 281
  • FTS2.jpg
    FTS2.jpg