New 180g Build

Here you go....I'm not recording anymore HD...jeez.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx3qLbZyj0c]YouTube - Reef Tank 180g[/ame]

Looks great man:Cheers:
Didn't realize you had that many fish,and not too much LR,but i love the ledges ....

What is that yellow twig like branch thing ?Will it get bigger and fill out or stay that way?
Your frogspawn must do good in the current ,seems like it was blowing pretty good...
Good vid for a novice:Cheers::mrgreen:

Last edited:
Thanks.

The Yellow coral is a Gorgorian...It flowers up with white flowers throughout the day...I don't know if it'll get much bigger...I really don't like it, it's so light that if a fish runs into it I have to reset it in the sand constantly..

I also don't like my frogspawn. I just moved it yesterday. I had it stuffed way back in the corner. I have so much flow in the tank, it's hard to find a place for him that he'll open up.

I have the same issue with my Xenia..I'm about ready to take some Aiptasia X to them. Don't like'em came with the rock. I can't find a place in the tank where they don't blow around like a hurricane.

I'm trying to do something different than the standard rock wall with my tank. I'd like to have rocks coming all the way to the front of the glass in certain areas. Give it some more dimension....I just haven't found the right rock yet.

Last edited:
You don't like your FS???
Maybe move it between some of the rocks or even in one of the caves...i bet you have plenty of light ,that will keep it happy there

I've tried everything to keep it happy. nothing works, or it gets tipped over and I have to reset it...it's more of a pain than it's worth. It was my first coral ever, I don't think the thing has grown at all since I've had it over a year. I feed it, it's just a fickle beast.

Nice video PRC. Does you Trigger ever nip at your corals or other fish?

No. He doesn't nip at my corals. But the Tangs will pick on him now and again, when he gets sick of it, he'll slice their fins. My orange shoulder has a slice from him right now... The sailfin just recovered form one, But it's not the Triggers fault. He doesn't mess with anything until he's messed with. I love him, he's a great fish, he'll let me pet him too, he has ZERO fear of me.

Here's a before and after of the tank video. Yes, I'm still playing with the video camera.:D[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVMVWLHbXDQ]YouTube - Before After[/ame]

:mrgreen:You could move your FS to my tank I'm sure at least I would be happy.:mrgreen:
Did you get the pyrimid butterflies or was that some one else? That tank looks awsome. You only run a algea scrubber for a filter, right?

:mrgreen:You could move your FS to my tank I'm sure at least I would be happy.:mrgreen:
Did you get the pyrimid butterflies or was that some one else? That tank looks awsome. You only run a algea scrubber for a filter, right?

No that wasn't me looking for butterflies...Yeah, the only thing I run on my tank is an algae scrubber.

If you lived closer, you could drive over and pick the FS up.:D

Here's a little blurry video of my elusive pom pom crab. I didn't even know he was still alive. Haven't seen him in a very long time. He was a hitchhiker.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4kt79a6gHY]YouTube - Video 20[/ame]

I "WAS" diggen it !!!!! Very cool. I have a Pom Pom, it's comes out quite often. Your tank looks great. Thanks for posting it.

LOL, shout out to your original Living Reefs posting experience! Look who decided to stick around!! :D

I can dig it! Your fish look great.

Back