new and need help identifying

william

Reefing newb
Hi guys. I'm new to saltwater aquariums and need a little help identifying a few fish. I recently was given a 55g established tank with live rock and 4 fish. 2 of the fish I recognize right away, one being a tomato clown and the other a volitans lionfish. The two I an having trouble properly identifying are a type of tang and a type of triggerfish. The tang looks exactly like a blue Caribbean except it is darker in color, almost black with some lighter greyish purple coloration around the fins and tail. It has the small mark at the base of the tail as well. The trigger is small and white and has sideways Chevron markings on the back half of the body. I will try to upload pictures in a bit

Hello and welcome to the site...is it possible for you to post a pic of the fish so we can help you id it? You can post pics using photobucket.com and copying and pasting the img code onto the site.

Im gonna say the same for the volitan, if its a standard 55 he will have a hard time turning, they get really fluffy for lack of a better word.

A zebra, fuzzy or fu man chu would be perfect though.

Thanks Guys, from what I read I agree with you on the size of fish for the tank. They are rather small now excluding the tang which us the largest at 3 1/2" I've already talked to my local tropical fish store about doing trades. I'm looking at trading the clown for a pair of smaller clowns that can pair up. The trigger I will trade so that I can add crustaceans. The lion will probably go so that I can invest in a dwarf. As soon as I can properly invest in adequate lighting I will slowly begin reefing AFTER learning more about it. I joined here because its my experience that community experience and opinion is far superior to shop attendants when it comes to care for animals. A of right now all inhabitants appear happy and healthy and have overcome the stress of the move well. I will upload photos when I hey to work.

Here are the photos. Sorry for the phone quality photos

The trigger
CYMERA_20120725_113505.jpg

The tang
CYMERA_20120725_113527.jpg

The lion
IMG_20120724_144440.jpg

Back