New, CUC advice

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
So I'm looking ahead and need an idea for a CUC. I have a 90 gallon FOWLR that may or may not be ending its cycle. Incase it is, I'm looking into a CUC. I do not want any crabs in my crew. I'm looking at:

3 Brittle Stars
15 Cerith Snails
10 Nerite Snails
2 Atlantic Sea Cucumbers

What do ya think? I have a 2 1/2 to 3 inch deep sand bed.

I would skip the sea cucumbers for now, they will do better in a more mature tank. I would also add some turbo snails, other than that, looks great!

If you do get cucumbers, get the ones from the gulf. They're non-toxic unlike most of the others (tiger-tail cucumbers are one type). I can't say for sure though, if Atlantic and gulf ones are the same.

I guess I'll wait on the Cucumbers just to be safe. How about something other than Turbo snails? I read that they can move stuff around and don't want to risk it at this point.

Also, is this going to be enough to start off with?

What should be my total count? Can I add them all at once? How do you acclimate them? Same as fish? Not that I have any real experience doing that!

You could definitely use some nass in the tank. I wouldn't be too worried about turbos moving stuff around in the tank. Any large live rock in your tank will be either too large for it to move or likely buried in the sand enough or secured to another rock. They are bulldozers, but they won't wreak havoc on a well thought out tank.

You should drip and temp acclimate your inverts over a couple of hours. I personally take longer acclimating my inverts than the fish, they are even more sensitive to changes in salinity. But you can add them all at once.

if you order from reef cleaners,they come in a damp bag so you will not be able to drip aclimate,just temp aclimate and add,these are instructions from john himself

Back