New fishes!!!

hibye

Reef enthusiast
:bounce::^:I just came back from my LFS and bought 3 fish. guess what they are?
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+28+128&pcatid=128

I now have
3 dameselfish
1 sixline wrasse
1 yellowwtachman goby.

I didn,t acclimate them becuase my LFS has had them in their store for 3 weeks, said not one was dead when they got them and there has been none die so far. They also have supperior uv steralizers.

When i put them in my sixline chased after one but seems to be fine now, the goby didnt care.

I will not add any fish from now on until i get a bigger tank. I am soo close to buying a 55 gallon but don't have the money right now. 100$ it was 130$ but i bought the dameslefish. After christmas I will get at least 200$ from all of my realtives.

for right now though they will be fine. my goby is as big as he will ever get 3-4" im guessing, sixline 1", and the 3 dameselfish < or equal to 1"

The one has came out and they other too are still cwering in the rock.:^::mrgreen::bounce::mrgreen:

Update: all of them are out and so is my sixline but my goby is in no sight which is common with him. I saw him earlier
PICT0090.jpg

PICT0095-3.jpg

PICT0094.jpg

I feel like I am talking to myself here :( somebody post something! Evrybody seems to be getting along now. Now me and my dad are talking about making the 125 gallon a reef tank becuase he wants to get a big acropora and have the dameslfish swim in it like the planet earth thing. I also had the LFS guy feed one of their biggest volitons lionfishes and it is crazy! he chopped it in half like the french revolution cut the queens head off with the guilteen. He is afraid that if we get a predator tank that they wil bite my finger off which would probaly happen.

Last edited:
Wal mart has good prices on 55g, thats where mine came from.
But now you're getting a 125 maybe so nevermind. :)

Also, IMHO your dad should look for a nice aquacultured acro thats no bigger than 4 or 5", the bigger colonies seem to bleach more easily b/c they're large size is used to whatever flow they came from, which is never the same from one tank to another. My 6" birdsnest died in 4 weeks, but now I have 3 different frags from 1-2" and they're growing very well and coloring up. My $0.02 anyway

It is really his tank but he or anybody else in the family have no clue about saltwater. He is buying everything for the 125 gallon but I have to take care of it. I get to chose the fish though :) not corals though unfortuatly. or the aquascaping.

I still need names! there is a small one?one that is very bright, and one who is duller and head is darker than the other two(probaly the oldest. I was thinking of lemony snickets klaus,violet, and sunny perhaps. and what about my sixline wrasse? i just named my YWG Allen after a talk with SSalty

I though everyone says to not get damsels?

Damsels can be bastards but they are very nice looking fish, just very aggressive. I like quite a few of them personally(dont have any but probably will) If I ever do a SPS only tank I would love to have a schoal of Sergeant Major Damsels and blue chromis(actually a sub-species damsel) that would be all for fish.

Last edited:
hibi what part of pa are you from?there are a bunch of 55gal and 75 gal on graigslist for about 200-400$in pittsburg pa.

We decided to make the 125 gallon a reef tank. Simpleman I am going to go with your snap crack pop idea.

the dull one will be caled snap
small on crackle
and the bright one pop

The sixline and goby arnt getting along too well with thedamesels but when I put my goby in, my old clownfish did the same thing but got along after about a week.

Sergeant Majors! I've looked all over for them, no LFS seem to get them. I fed huge schools of them snorkeling in Jamaica, they're very aggressive damsels all right. Maybe ok for a predator tank. Sorry for the OT rambling...

The small one, crackle tried to bite my sixline's tail for no reason and the sixline turned around and chased him into the rocks. I haven't seen him in 6 hours.

Back