New Gyer unpacked tonight !!

Lesely

Reefing newb
Well is unpacked, but wont be getting wet till the weekend. Looks good, like the slimline profile compared to the 4 tuzes i run now.. instrucitons look complicated so will be studying over the next few days. Will update when Ive had it running over the weekend...thanks
Box Opened.JPG
Box Opened.JPG
Size comparison.JPG

Attachments

• all parts.JPG
    all parts.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 284
I'd like to have one to reverse engineer it. I know, I'm a bastard. :D Because $300?!?!?!? I don't think so!!
Dont think its that dear mate, we paid $399 but it has replaced $1500 worth of tunzes and controller. Its also a lot cheaper to run than the 4 others. So I reckon a savings all round.

Dont think its that dear mate, we paid $399 but it has replaced $1500 worth of tunzes and controller. Its also a lot cheaper to run than the 4 others. So I reckon a savings all round.

True dat. I'm looking at replacing 900.00 worth of MP 40's with this guy.

Y'all CRAZY, there's no way in hell I'd pay $900 for pumps, let alone $1500. I'm the cheapest bastard you'll ever meet! I had a hell of a time convincing myself to pay $50 for WPs.

Y'all CRAZY, there's no way in hell I'd pay $900 for pumps, let alone $1500. I'm the cheapest bastard you'll ever meet! I had a hell of a time convincing myself to pay $50 for WPs.
That's funny because train iof thought with quite a few experienced reefers is that flow is actually more important than lights. Don't get me wrong light important too but flow just as important for coral health & growth ?

Water quality is #1, lighting #2 and flow #3. they all are integral in the grand scheme of things, when one is off, it's not good and the others can't cover for it.

This makes me laugh, you are on every fourm posting about this. Pages and pages of posts about this style powerhead. There are so many things that are interesting in life, not just 4 pieces of glass with some water in it.

I was one of the first people I aust to actually get one. So of course people were interested in it. If your sick of it then Don't read the posts ! Easy really. ! No need to be rude to me or anyone else. It's just a conversation. Don't stress so much !! The fact there are pages. & pages suggests that the gyer has become a conversation piece Isn't that a good thing in this hobby ???

Last edited:
You upset at me mate ???
No not mad at all. Just the thought of beating a dead horse came across my mind for a moment. Just interested in folks who spend their whole life on a hobby or work or anything. Being so consumed by an individual thing, to me, would get old. Just amazed how folks get in anything balls deep. Their whole life is consumed by........ nothing. What's new tomorrow for the fad?

I was one of the first people I aust to actually get one. So of course people were interested in it. If your sick of it then Don't read the posts ! Easy really. ! No need to be rude to me or anyone else. It's just a conversation. Don't stress so much !! The fact there are pages. & pages suggests that the gyer has become a conversation piece Isn't that a good thing in this hobby ???
And good to get traffic on this site and maybe some new blood in here.

Back