New Light Acclimation Help Needed

JAnderson1

Reefing newb
Hello All,

I recently bought a couple of new Kessil A360WE lights and the spectral controller. The local reef store only had one gooseneck so they are shipping the other to me either Wednesday or Thursday. I needed some help setting up the acclimation mode.

I don't want to fry my corals granted I dont have many:
Green star polyp
Pulsing Xenia
Duncan Frag
Torch Frag
And Zoa Frag

Can anyone recommend a proper acclimation length, brightness, and intensity for introducing my new light to my system? As far as fish are concerned I have 2 clowns, 1 bangaii cardinal, and coral Beauty.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated thanks.

Justin

With the corals you have, you don't need anything over 60%.
I would start there and increase if needed. I run 95% and am sps dominant and a ft bigger tank.
I started at 70 and increased 5% per week until 90%. I went up 1% per week after that.

Color can be anything you want, coraline algae grows better under slight blue vs more white. I can't explain since kessil says it doesn't matter but that is my result. Good luck!

With the corals you have, you don't need anything over 60%.
I would start there and increase if needed. I run 95% and am sps dominant and a ft bigger tank.
I started at 70 and increased 5% per week until 90%. I went up 1% per week after that.

Color can be anything you want, coraline algae grows better under slight blue vs more white. I can't explain since kessil says it doesn't matter but that is my result. Good luck!

Thanks for taking the time to respond I appreciate it

Back