New light system !!!!!!!!!

Jaredf

Reefing newb
I finally got my new light system Aqua Illumination leds for my 29 gallon still figureing out the timer on the controller a bit but love the light so much !!!!!!!!!!! will post pics of my tank and lights :)

+1 Smitty, I underestimated the power of the AI's when I got them and fried several corals. Start at a low intensity for the LED's and slowly move them up once a week or so. Remember that when adding new corals, they will definitely need to be acclimated to the AI's - so start them on the bottom of the tank or in the shade (depending on the coral) and then slowly move them to where you want them to be long term.

Glad you like the AI's - I really like mine. Only complaint I really have is the controller is a little finicky, but once your timers are set you don't really need it for anything

how do you set the controller lights to go off i am having problems with that , i set when they come on but baffled on how to set so they shut off :(

Set a timer for 0/0/0 and that will turn them off. Alternatively you can set one of the blue channels to 4% and it will ask if you want the lunar cycle for a timer, this will replicate moonlight at night, with a few nights of each cycle being totally dark

I set the last timer on my lights to use the lunar mode, and the intensity is set on the Royal Blue channel to 4%. If you set it to less than 4% you will have more dark nights because of how the controller dims the light over the cycle. I imagine if you go much higher than 4% you'll have less dark nights as well.

I've had the Sol Super Blues over my tank for about a year now, if you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM

Back