New Reefer!

NanoReefer

Reefing newb
Hello, Well i am 15 years old so i am on kind of a budget haha. I do many diy projects to save money. i have a 10 gallon reef with a true percula wild caught clown , a royal gramma and snails. i am wondering what i should add to my clean up crew. Currently for corals i have a small mushroom, which has grewn 3 new polyps since i got it. My tank is a 10 gallon rimless with a penguin 100 filter, a 72 watt t5 quad (2 10000k 2 antinic) a 50 watt stealth heater, and a diy protein scimmer. i have 20 lbs live sand, 10 pounds live rock, and 10lbs of dead rock. I am looking for advice from all of the experienced people in the hobby.
Thanks much-Sam

Hello and welcome, Sam!

Snails are probably the best clean up crew member. You should have a few nassarius snails for the sand, and a few astraea snails for the glass. Some shrimp would be cool for your tank too, either a cleaner shrimp or a fire shrimp. Hermit crabs are a good addition for most tanks.

i have 2 nassarius snails and 3 astraea. my mom is a professional photographer so ill try to get pictures up, i want to get neon blue hermits like 2. and a fire shrimp when i get some more money.

Welcome, Sam!

Definitely go for a cleaner shrimp, they are really fun and playful. They'll clean your hand too! :D

You could do a handful of little blue leg hermits too, but throw in some extra shells of various sizes too, just in case they are looking for a new home. Don't want them going after your snails.

What does your mom shoot?

i believe that her camera is a cannon eos rebel or somthing like that, my clown has little almost clear white spots on it, it is active and still eating, but how should i treat it?

Back