new to the saltwater community =)

i need a daily planner of things i should do

• steps i should take daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • caring for my tank daily

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Every day you should check the fish and make sure their behaviour is normal. Also you should check the temperature of the water, the SG of the water and make sure all equipment is working. Also you obviously have to feed the fish (twice a day should suffice for most, however anthias need feeding about 3 or 4 small meals a day). You should also turn the lights on and off in the morning and at night (unless you have an automatic control / timer for them). Finally, if your tank's water evaporates quickly you will probably have to top it up (with FRESH RO water (not salted!). Hopefully this has helped and have fun in the hobby ;)
Oh and welcome to living reefs.

Every day you should check the fish and make sure their behaviour is normal. Also you should check the temperature of the water, the SG of the water and make sure all equipment is working. Also you obviously have to feed the fish (twice a day should suffice for most, however anthias need feeding about 3 or 4 small meals a day). You should also turn the lights on and off in the morning and at night (unless you have an automatic control / timer for them). Finally, if your tank's water evaporates quickly you will probably have to top it up (with FRESH RO water (not salted!). Hopefully this has helped and have fun in the hobby ;)
Oh and welcome to living reefs.
thanks for the tips olly. im worried about my fish's behavior tho. since yesterday they have stopped eating and currently reside in the corners of the tank. i have 2 green chromis and a yellow tail blue damsel. the damsel likes to hide in his cave but acting normal and will come out if he sees food go by. but im worried about the chromis they wont eat and seems they have lost there color. any ideas as to what i could do to help them? all the parameters are perfect i test it myself and also have LFS check and they say its perfect

Fish don't really need to be fed twice a day. Overfeeding is probably the biggest mistake newcomers make.

Take it slow, do a lot of research and ask lots of questions.

You have three fish? What size is your tank? How long has it been set up? What are "perfect" parameters?

i have 4 green chromis 2 are small an 2 large. 1 blue damsel , 1 domino damsel 4 red leg hermis. all are acting fine except 1 small chromis is still acting weird.havent seen him all day. 40 gallon quad canister 600gph hydor. 30lbs fiji premium fully cycled quite a few caves tons of hiding . set up for a month. nitrate 0 nitrite 0 ph 8.4 Alk. 280 Ammonia 0 Temp 76F 1.024 grav.

Welcome to the community, you will find a lot of information that should cost money.. I've done a year or so of research for available information, and I rely on this site more than anything else!! Thanks again to you all for your time & suggestions!! Keep up the amazing work!!

(not brown nosing..) my wife and I just found out our step son will not be returning to Texas as we thought.. and for the last month we have found a mutual interest in salt water tanks.. needless to say, my plans have just doubled ;)

how would you guys know anyway ya havent seen pics and havent asked what size they are. im under the recommended limit . . . lets all hate on the new guy. . . didnt know so many rookies could be experts. movin to reef central.

under the recommended limit accordimg to whom?? The answers given are recommended by other members, and you don't have to act like a child, maybe it is bettwr if you do go to reef central..

how would you guys know anyway ya havent seen pics and havent asked what size they are. im under the recommended limit . . . lets all hate on the new guy. . . didnt know so many rookies could be experts. movin to reef central.
Hahahahahaa. Reef central will beat u up, this is the most relaxed site. You asked a question and got an answer. If you cant handle that, you shouldnt be on the internet. Hopefully I see you over there... use the same name for my ease..

If you think we're rough, wait till they tear you a new one, we use lube over here, they just jam it in dry over there. You came here and asked and you were told. I've been doing saltwater tanks for the better part of 40 years and reefs for almost 30, hardly a n00b. Oh yea, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

not sure if lube was present, seemed pretty dry to me. kinda cut me up a bit. i joined this site because i thought it was relaxed and people could help me. you guys should have smply just asked me more questions before telling me what im doing is wrong i am new and clearly dont know what i am doing. i build my tank by what other people tell me and what i was doing was perfectly fine to other people. if anyone has helpful tips it would be much appreciated once again sorry for acting childish just frustrated when i do what people say and others say im doing it wrong. p.s. a lil extra lube next time please

not sure if lube was present, seemed pretty dry to me. kinda cut me up a bit. i joined this site because i thought it was relaxed and people could help me. you guys should have smply just asked me more questions before telling me what im doing is wrong i am new and clearly dont know what i am doing. i build my tank by what other people tell me and what i was doing was perfectly fine to other people. if anyone has helpful tips it would be much appreciated once again sorry for acting childish just frustrated when i do what people say and others say im doing it wrong. p.s. a lil extra lube next time please
To be honest, I have to many fish too. I think the over acting rolling on the floor and saying 'fine I'm going to my room and never coming out' is why everyone is giving you some shit.

i was i a bit of dickhead an apologize to you all. i appreciTE the trying to help i was just reassured the lfs i got them from told me it was perfectly fine i believed them seeing as how theyre famous for being on the show TANKED

Back