Night creatures.

Solarfall

Totally Gnar
So last night I noticed one of these gooey little creatures squirming around on the glass. It moved and looked much like a snail without a shell but it was tiny (but not copepod tiny), it had a butt that looked like two points, and it was mostely transparent. I could see some red innards through the body.

Then I looked in my fuge and found like 10 more of them crawling all over the place. Could they be like some kind of hatchling snails? They're definetly way too big to be pods.

I could try to get a pic tonight but I doubt it will come out clearly enough for it to be ID-able.

hope its not one of those big type of flatworms, if so get it out quickly they eat clams and can attack snails. If you tear it on accident or it falls apart when removing get all pieces out cause they can split and multiply.

here is one like what i found in my tank after i kept losing clams.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1m0EWnQr1U]YouTube - Flatworm Monster[/ame]

I'm almost certain they're nudibranches. But mine don't look nearly as exotic as what I'm finding on google.

I only found that one in the DT last night. There's a ton of them in the fuge though, hanging out down there with aptasia and all kinds of things that I don't want making it to the display.
I'll watch for them on my corals tonight, but they're fine just being in the fuge right?

they can still make it to the dt via the pump some may get chopped up which could lead to water problems from their toxins being spread in the water. i would try and figure out what they are and get rid of them. also look up flatworms

Do they look like this? If so this type of flat worm is fine they eat algae. If you see any other color than the clear white get rid of it fast.
Ryan

Attachments

• Flatworms.jpg
    Flatworms.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 353
Ummm not sure of the actual name of them. But, it is a flatworm, if the ones you have look like the ones in the pics then you have nothing to worry about. It is the red or redish ones that you want to get rid of.The six line wrasse is known to eat flatworms so does a velvet nudibranch. The clear flatworms eat algae and so I've heard tiny crustaceans. So no worries.
icon14.gif

Ryan

bad thing is if you had one in your tank you won't see it eating your clam cause it will camoflauge itself to clams mantle.

Back