OH CRAP! New anemone stuck in filter.

Goob

Reefing newb
I've had a very sturdy tank for the past eight months so I purchased my first anemone yesterday for my pair of clown fish. I drip acclimated him on top of a rock in the bucket and then placed him into the tank and went to bed. This morning when I work up, he's STUCK TO THE FILTER!

I immediately turned off the filter and the other power head that I had running. I also unattached the bottom of the filter and placed it on a rock near where the clowns hang out.

I know you're not supposed to really try to move these guys, but I'm wondering if it needs help or potentially is stuck. Here's a picture of what I'm dealing with. Any help and advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed.jpg

you can also try hanging him over a container of water. If the anemone didn't get too damaged and you suspend him one or 2 inches over a over a container of tank water he will let go so as to get back into the water. I have had the same thing happen and it worked for me. Watch though, you don't want hm to dry out. Try putting sponge filter socks over your intakes until your anemone settles. That way he won' get sucked in again. Be glad your pump is not to big or you would have had a giant nem tankshake. Had that happen too

Back