ORA Bird of Paradise value? Please help...

Ace5high

Reefing newb
I am selling my 90 gal mixed reef tank and all contents. I have a good idea of values on everything I'm offering except for my SPS ORA Bird of Paradise...

I have a really hard time telling people what id like for it or putting a value on it because they seem to cost a lot.

I paid $60 for a tiny frag of the Bird-O-P like this one below:

ORA Bird of Paradise

Mine has grown to roughy 30-40 times this size! So should I frag it out and get several hundred dollars or what would the piece as a whole be valued at??

Here is mine (an older pic so it a little larger about 6" around)

IMG_2565.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2565.jpg
    IMG_2565.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 457
Yeah, I'd frag it and sell them...you'll get more that way. The average hobbyist won't/can't pay for a whole colony of that coral. :)

Yeah Im sure that would be the best way to do it, and I really wish I had the time but I prob just won't be able to find time and then the buyers for it.

So I guess a better question is, what is a reasonable asking price for the whole piece? Thanks guys!

Last edited:
You could check other websites and compare prices, or even check out the prices at lfs'. And whatever their prices are, I'd lower mine just a lil bit lower.

The problem I'm running into is I've never seen a bop this large anywhere, including online. My LFS can't even get frags let alone large colonies...

They run about 50.00 for a 1.5" frag online. However, that is retail. I'd post it at 300.00 for the colony and see if you get any bites.

Back