PRC's New 180g Build

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
So here is the first installment of the new build. We just closed on the new house last week, so we're in the process of painting, etc.

Here is what I have set up at this point.

My "Fish Closet" will consist of:
(2) 30 gallon coral frag tanks
(1) 20 gallon sump for frag closet w/ algae scrubber
(1) Mag 9.5 return pump

Display Tank:
(1) 180g Display Tank
(1) 55g sump w/algae scrubber
(1) Mag 18 return pump.

Here's a quick video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_J9B0QqAHA]YouTube - Video 48[/ame]

Looks really good prc. Is there any special treatment that sps needs

SPS corals like the water to be perfect, so they don't like swings in the parameters. Some people will also dose things like calcium, etc. for their SPS. In my display tank, SPS grows better than LPS, so I actually have to dose, zooplankton, and phytoplankton for the LPS to grow.

I can't wait to see this once everything is setup. Are you reusing the scrubber from your old setup?

Nice looking build. Have you thought of venting that closet with maybe one of those bathroom ceiling fans? I'd have to think that place is going to be a suana with all that humidity from your tanks.

Can't wait to see it complete though, very nice job.

I can't wait to see this once everything is setup. Are you reusing the scrubber from your old setup?

Yeah, I'm reusing the scrubber for the display tank, and making another for the frag tanks.

Nice looking build. Have you thought of venting that closet with maybe one of those bathroom ceiling fans? I'd have to think that place is going to be a suana with all that humidity from your tanks.

Can't wait to see it complete though, very nice job.

You must've been reading my mind, I just got back from picking up the vent at home depot. :D

Real quick update during a smoke break....Everything is moved over to the new house...Looks like everybody is going to make it, my wrasse is looking a little sketchy right now but he's a tough s.o.b. I'm going to start filling the display tank tonight, and start aquascaping tomorrow.

Pics coming in a day or 2.:D

So quit yer' cryin':mrgreen:

Some pics...I'm putting the rocks in the Display Tank right now... Temperature is getting there, I generally keep the tank at about 77...so I'm getting closer.:D

Attachments

• frag tank 2.jpg
    frag tank 2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 397
  • fragtank1.jpg
    fragtank1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 384
  • fullfragtank.jpg
    fullfragtank.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 317
  • powerheads.jpg
    powerheads.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 317
  • temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 334
Some pics...I'm putting the rocks in the Display Tank right now... Temperature is getting there, I generally keep the tank at about 77...so I'm getting closer.:D

Wow! Everything is shaping up nicely. I remember you linking your video on chat as well. Such good progress PRC!! That's got to be so much fun (And probably a pain) to do.

Awesome Job!

I'm getting closer. I'm dog-ass tired. Got everybody in. Ended up breaking a few of my SPS, not thrilled about that, but what can you do. I'm not quite done with the aquascaping but I was starting to get worried about my fish being awfully crowded in those holding tanks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxyXEN-Nyz4]YouTube - Video 49[/ame]

Back