Pressure foam under large aquarium advice

bradleyheathhays

Reefing newb
Setting up a 72" long 125 gal on a support I already know is irregular so I need to compensate all that I can. I've run up on this Youtube video showing the use of what is called pressure foam or possibly polystrom to help compensate for my kind of tank support issue. I've searched a couple online aquarium supply stores but I haven't been able to turn up any such product.

Here's the video...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMQDjudlixU]Make sure you have polystrom under you aquarium or it may c - YouTube[/ame]

Did a search on polystrom and it seems like it's out of Australia, and I'm guessing there's a US equivalent.

Does anyone know where I should look for this kind of foam?

Thanks

I believe you are looking for sheets of polystyrene foam. You should be able to order online.

Your best bet is to make sure the stand is level, especially with a larger tank.

Typically people use the blue sheets of house insulation foam at home depot.
This helps with the surface being not perfectly flat, but you still need to make sure that your stand is level. Also, this is only used with trimless tanks where the bottom pane of glass is sitting directly on your support. If you have the black trim around the base of your tank, do not use the foam.

Back