Pyramid Butterflyfish

I'm Pyramid,would you go out with me?

• Hot Damn!You are all that and a bag of chips!

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • So-so,I give you one date to impress me.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Hell no!Only your mother loves you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

reeffreak

Reef pro
In my search for additions to my tank I ran across this butterflyfish.I'm wondering what all you guys/gals think about it.I like the yellow and white on the fish but the dark faces on the adults is kind of ugly.If it was totally black,sure,but it kind of muddy looking.What I do like is it not commonly seen in peoples tanks.Mmmmmmm,maybe because it is ugly?I'm thinking about getting three of them.

Pros-
-Suppose to school(not just shoal) even in reef tanks.
-100% reef safe plankton feeder so readily eats food suspended in the water column and not picking on the rocks.

Cons-
That face?

Here are some pics of them.
Yap_-_Diving_-_Sunrise_Drift_Dive_-_PyramidButterflyfish.jpg

Pyramid-butterflyfish.jpg

Pyramid_Butterflyfish.jpg

pd1883389.jpg

They aint ugly fish by any means when you see em up close in a tank.
But dont count on them being completely reef safe.I've seen em munch on feather dusters at the LFS,but they normally dont bother shrimp or corals.

That being said,I went the HOT DAMN route.:D

I never cared for feather dusters so they will still be okay for me.How big are ones you get that the store Yote and how much do they run?

I like them. You don't see alot of primarily white fish...might not be the prettiest fish in the tank, but they're definitely original.

I just ordered three from Live Aquaria,surprised they were even in stock.All the LFS near me could not get any from their suppliers.I hope they are prettier in person,schooling aight to make them look more attractive.

Thanks everyone,you made it easier to decide.

On a side note:
UGHHHHHHHH!I ordered three pyramids and a red mandarin from Live Aquaria,all I'm getting is one lousy red mandarin in my shipment.The pyramids were in stock when I purchased them.Like I said-UGHHHHHHHHHH

Back