RBTA Help

Ariel110G

Reefing newb
So, I got a RBTA 2 weeks ago, when I got him he was attached to a nice size rock, my tank is a 110G deep, & it’s been up and running for more than a year, I positioned the rock half way in the middle of the tank so he can get a good amount of light, 6x54W T5 HO. For the first 2 days he did not move but then he did move but not a lot, still on the same rock, I think he just did not like the flow or he was hiding from the light. Now 2 days ago he did move but a lot more this time and he split, the small one ended up in one of my power heads, now the original RBTA which is a nice size one, moved all the way to the bottom of the tank as if he is been hiding from flow or light, since I got him I have been feeding every 3 days, my question is, if a RBTA is well fed, he does not need light & there for he is in a spot where is no light at all (like a cave) & if I don’t feed him then he will come out to a spot where he needs light & then I can enjoy looking at him.

Thanks for the help.

Nems don't need to feed that often. The lighting is definitely a requirement(more than feeding them. Some people never feed their nems and just let them filter feed.), but it will come back out when it's ready. I wouldn't try to feed him in the meantime. How is everything else looking in the tank after the other nem commited suicide?

Leave the anemone alone. Just keep an eye on it in case it decides to die.
The more you mess with it, the more likely it is NOT to move back out into the light.

+1 yote

also the fact it split so fast without giving off two roughly equal daughter nems isnt a great sign. They tend to only do that under stressful situations

Back