really getting annoyed now...

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
My 10g is still cloudy....its been prlly two weeks now...is it bc I don't have a skimmer or filter? I got five lbs of love rock and the rest dry, I would think they dry would be live by now bc there are copepods everywhere! And bristle worms and spaghetti worms. I do a water change and it doesn't help. I'm not feeding the tank bc there is only two snails. The cycle is compete. This is really annoying. I've never had this problem before.here's

Before a water change a couple days ago.
IMAG1846.jpg

After the water change
IMAG1851.jpg

And now this morning.
IMAG1857.jpg

IMAG1858.jpg

Last edited:
just run a HOB filter with carbon for a few days. And all the rock and sand in there is live now, that has absolutely nothing to do with the cloudy water. Also live rock has nothing to do with having pods either, all live means is that it has bacteria on it that can complete the nitrogen cycle.

+1 HOB filter. You may run it with a sponge for a day to try and catch all of the particulate matter in the tank. Also, are you sure it's not algae buildup on the glass? Sometimes that can look like mirk. I agree with LF though, HOB filter with carbon and a sponge for a few days and you should see improvements.

Hmm, check your water change water; pour some in a big jar and check the clarity. Are you using an RO unit?

And like the others said, try a HOB filter with carbon. If you don't have one, hagen aquaclears are the best. It's nice because you can layer in your own stuff and doesn't use cartridges.

I have a aquaclear 55 HOB but it makes such a loud stupid noise bc there is something wrong with the motor or impeller. I've tried to take it apart and clean it to no avail but maybe ill go out this weekend and grab another one. Maybe just one for a 20g or something, don't have much money. The sand isn't being stirred up at all. I wasn't sure about the bacteria bc I thought maybe its a bacterial bloom or something. I don't have an RO unit and I'm not getting one. I know most of you guys have them but I've had my 29g up all year and have had no problems with my tap water. I algae scrape the glass all the time so its not that either.

what i use on my tank ( since i dont have and HOB anymore on it ) is this

2012-02-16_13-20-36_497.jpg

i do 1 drop per gallon , corals and inverts dont care nor are affected, you can get it at petco or petsmart , heck i think even walmart, runs about 1.99-2.99

my tank has a cloudy syndrome every other week so i just add at night and by morning its crystal clear

best of luck

PS even thought it says "immediatly" thats a stretch , it takes about 1-2 hours depending on how much flow you have

Had the same issue with my 125. Just stocked my sumps choke points full of sponges and carbon, was fine within 3-4 days, removed it all, never been cloudy since.

Hmm idk if I want to have to add something to it all the time. Ya kno?

+1 Seems like it would just be covering up a bigger problem. The only tank I add any sort of "magic checmicals" to unless it is Stress Coat is my quarantine tank. There is such a small safety net on those tiny tanks it could be almost anything. Maybe more patience and some activated carbon will do the trick. On the plus side it is still a beautiful tank. :D

I love Aqua Clear filters. I used one when what is currently my reef tank was a freshwater planted aquarium and I still run one in my reef. It's nice how you can just add whatever media you want to them. Don't be too discouraged, your 29 is crystal clear and I'm sure you 10 will get there.

Thanks Snyder. Yea that's why I'm so flustered about it, bc it makes no sense, the 29 is fine but the 10 is cloudy. All I have on the 29 is a nano skimmer. I hope this filter will do the trick. Maybe ill get a 30g ac so I can put some cheato in it in the future..idk just a thought. I could prlly make it into sections for some carbon and cheato. Like half and half, just pop a small light on it.

Back