Red Coris Wrasse Juvi, [Cant Find]

daave

Reefing newb
Hey Guys! I am new to Saltwater Fish. I just got a Red Coris Wrasse Juvi 2 days ago.
And when I was doing the dripping part with my bucket it seemed to look like he was playing dead or something. He was laying on the bucket from the side. We finally put him in the tank and he goes to the side of our tank, Me and my son went upstairs for a bit and went back and it seemed that he was gone? I cant find him now. Its been 3 Days now.
Do you guys have any suggestions?

Do you have a sump? I'd check in there.

In my experience, all of the new fish that I have added to my tank hide for around a week before even showing their faces. Then whenever you walk by the tank they shoot off into the rocks again.

They are jumpers, and they are diggers. Check the floor around your tank. If you have cats or dogs, they could have eaten it.

I definitely agree with the jumper part. Check the floor and check any overflows if you have any. Could be hiding also.

Hmm, Wouldnt the wrasse starve to death for over a week? I've never seen his face since i've gotten him. I also do not have any pets. He also is not out of the tank. Maybe I should give it a week? What If i cant find it in a week? :shock:
Also what if he is already dead, how will I find him when he's dead buried under sand :(

Last edited:
If you can't find him after a week, chances are he's dead. Sounds like he wasn't doing well during acclimation, and maybe he couldn't take it.

You can go looking for him if you want -- take out your rocks, look through your sand. But I wouldn't recommend doing that. You'll probably stir up all sorts of gunk.

Do you have a cleaner crew? If so, if he's dead, they've probably already eaten the body and you wouldn't find anything anyways.

Back