RO/DI System?

cwis24

Reefing newb
Hey Guys another newbi question from yours truley :-)

My house is well water that goes through a filtration system
From my readings of the docs on these forums i am getting the feeling that this just won't cut it.

My next thought was i can purchase distiled/purified water from the local supermarket but then the thought of lugging gallans of water seemed to much.

So i figure my best bet is a RO/DI system
I know nothing about this...
Is this a good one?
http://www.purelyh2o.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=88&category_id=1

what is your current water pressure? if its fairly low i would recommend taking a look at airwaterice.com . from recent reviews i have checked out.. both companys have top notch ro/di units, but the only one i have personal experience with is airwaterice. i have the typhoon III and im very pleased with it and the customer service is top notch. thats just my :twocents:

Last edited:
Good move on the RO/DI Unit, I also bought a TDS (Total Disolved Solids) meter to keep track of how well the filter was actually working, my TDS reading is 9 parts per million. Alot better than the tap water at 112. Good Luck.

a good price on the unit and the accessories are affordable also. I like the dual di cartridges one is cation and the other is anion. this gives full di coverage and is found in a 5 stage ro/di system. good luck and do check out the ones others recommend. I will be using a 5 stage pinnacle system. may not be the most cost effective though. so good luck and congrats on a good move. keep us posted.

Last Question (well that may be a lie) :Cheers:
What type of storage bin/tank do you guys recommend
I have seen talk about heavy duty garbage bins from home depot ect.. (if this is a good choice what grade do i need)
I just dont want a flood in my house LOL

a good choice would be a 32 gallon BRUTE garbage can from lowes or home depot. they seem to be the most favorable due to the fact that they wont leech chemicals into your water from the type of plastic they are made out of

For storing water etc you should use a food grade container. some of the cheap garbage cans can leach into the water. I like to use the 55 gal olive barrels after they have been sterilized. maybe you have peaches or some other source for food level barrels. some think this is not an issue, but, for me i need to know there is no possibility of any leaching back into my ro water or salt water mix.

Back