Sebae and ocellaris hoping this works.

mcmusashi5

Octopus Wizard
I just a got the most beautiful sebae from my lfs for my Clowns. Hoping this works. I'm guessing I should just wait from what I've read. But, any tips?

Wait, I think sabae anemones dont pair up as well as other anemones with clowns.

They may not even be interested, mine took 3 weeks before they hosted mine.

Time is not a factor. Just as long as they eventually like it. The clowns they had with it when i got it was the... yellow clowns i think? they really liked it

Sebaes don't host percs/occys in the wild but, they can/do host them in aquariums. Unfortunately, there's no garauntee it'll ever host but, only time will tell.

I've only heard of two cases where a condy hosted a clown. That doesn't mean you should expect it to happen though, if you do want something for your nem to host you should think about getting an anemone shrimp or crab.

I've only heard of two cases where a condy hosted a clown. That doesn't mean you should expect it to happen though, if you do want something for your nem to host you should think about getting an anemone shrimp or crab.
I agree, it's a rarity.

Update: The clowns look at it, move towards it, and back away. They've stayed in the same spot all day doing that. I think its good. I mean at least they are showing interest.
The anemone has lodged itself between the glass, the rock, and the sand. It looks sort of smooshed. But that is where it put itself. So I guess I shouldnt move it.

is it safe to touch a condy with bare hands or do you really get stung,im afraid to touch any nem since i really dont like painfull stings,same goes for a rock nem

Most nems are safe to touch but, some people do have allergies to anemones and will break out if they touch one.

naw it's cool. Just imagine this. An anemone sting is like slowly taking of some scotch tape from your skin. It feels funny but it doesn't hurt.

The condy's tenticles are supposed to be too "sticky" as some people say for many anemone loving things to like it.

my moms 6" maroon is scared of our condy and won't go in it... supposedly they have a more potent sting that the clowns don't like... she LOVES the BTA but she won't go near the condy, neither will her lil man

Back