Second Rock Flower Anemone not opening

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I have had my second rock flower nem for maybe a month now and it still refuses to open up like my first one does. I can tell it's still alive just by looking at it and it takes food but it pretty much just sits there all day like in the pics, totally unlike my other one who pops up and is spread out nicely all day. It's pretty much in the same condition as the first one so I'm not sure what I can do to make it open up like it should.

2012-03-30182340.jpg

2012-03-30182331.jpg

2012-03-30182350.jpg

Well I hope not anyways. I like how the other one opens and just does it's thing by opening and floating around sticking itself out like it does and want this one to do the same which is why I got it. This new one just sucks lol.

It might also be that heneeds to grow a bit more. Doesn't look as big as your first.
Rock anenomes are pretty hard to get where I live, if I was closer I'd offer to buy him off you LOL!

I guess it's possible. I won't get rid of it but hope it does get bigger. The store I got them from always has a good handful of them and only about $15 bucks. Definitely the cheaper nem to get.

I'm a bit of a nem fan. I have a hellfire anenome, a mini maxi carpet ( stung me today:helm2: ), a magnificent, a bubble tip or two (OK maybe 4) a manjano ( I know everyone else hates them, he's my favourite) a warata, and a saebae. Oh and two Callactis polypus ( those wicked ones that hitchhike on hermit crabs). No rock flowers as I haven't seen one in Melbourne as yet. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back