Six Line Wrasse Possibly Dying?

Nancy H

Reefing newb
I'm new to this site and fairly new to saltwater aquariums. I have a 65 gal Red Sea Max aquarium which has been doing fairly well with a couple hick-ups here and there. I'm worried about my 6 line...last night about 6 or 7 pm I cleaned the protein skimmer since I had changed and increased the lighting which caused an increase in algae. At any rate, I stupidly didn't attach the skimmer properly so it wasn't working all night. At 4 am I woke up and found my rose bubble tip anemone peeling off the rock and all fish disappeared. The lights were off so I figured the fish were hiding because it was dark but I noticed my anemone was shrinking and peeling off the rock so I knew something was wrong. Once I figured out the skimmer wasn't attached properly I took care of that and then I checked all levels and everything looked fine. However, I found my six line laying on its side behind a rock. He's still alive but I'm worried now. I went back to sleep after doing everything I could at that time. At 8 am this morning the anemone looked MUCH better and my tang came out along with the chromis etc but my 6 line moved to the another area behind a rock and still laying on its side. My question is could leaving the protein skimmer off or unattached kill my six line and does anyone know if he will survive?

Back