skimmer o no skimmer

ANDREA

Reefing newb
skimmer o no skimmer this is the question.......

i was wondering if you need a protein skimmer or not!!??
my tank (75 gl) is running for about 2 1/2 year and i don't have any problem, where is the difference from having or don't having a skimmer

and if is "must have " a skimmer where i can get a decent one???
any one can give any name or a web page??

THANK YOU AGAIN FORUM......:Cheers:

Do you absolutely need a skimmer?No

After you see what they pull from the water then you will see why so many use them.Octopus skimmers are the most referred skimmer.Go with amodel rated twice your tank size and what you can afford.Then again,if you are having no problems then why get one.

Octopus Premium Aquatics

I agree. You don't have to use one but then again when you see what's being pulled out it makes you certain you would never go without one. It can only help, so why not?

On smaller tanks, they aren't necessary. On larger tanks, along with the lights, they are one of the most valuable pieces of equipment you can have.

I run my 29g with no skimmer and it's doing fine, but that's not to say there is still some junk left in the water. I do a 15% water change every 10 days which definitely helps and I have a ball of chaeto the size of a basketball. I will be running a skimmer when I upgrade to a larger tank. I already have a Reef Octo Extreme 160 waiting to be used.

ok now i am looking to different skimmer's and i have a question ..
where is the difference from a External Protein Skimmer or a Internal Protein Skimmer

I like the internal skimmer better if you have the room in your sump. No leaking or flooding to worry about if something goes wrong with it.

Re: reviews about this skimmer

any reviews about this one
i can have it tonight from the local store at 1/2 price (open box) but is all there

It's an okay skimmer. People that have it complain that it's very touchy and overflows quite a bit. But it's much better than the Red Sea Prizm or SeaClone.

just me? bit I'm living my red sea skimmer. took one day to tune and pulls heaps of waste out and very little minerals as i can see from my tests.

Back