Small white bugs?

U4BOYZ

Got Fish?
I am fairly new to reefing and could use some guidance/advice. I've attached a close-up photo of these little white bugs? all over the inside of my aquarium. The photo has been blown up considerably...there are actually hundreds of them all over....and one of them would fit on the head of a pin. Thanks for your help....Now if I can just figure out how to attach that photo! :question:

They are probably pods...amphipods or copepods. My son, who loves all bugs, thinks they're really cool. They are a natural food source for your fish and are a good thing to have in your system.

The little white thing in your picture is a hydroid jellyfish. They're harmless and will eventually go away.
70677hydroid.jpg

Thanks for the help...It turns out they were indeed hydroid jellyfish. :) I bought a firefish yesterday...and he seems to be happily eating them all.

the brown ones are toxic and multiply just as fast as your pest anemones. if you see brown ones remove as quick as possible, as far as my knowledge of the white ones, they do not carry any toxins that will hurt your reef aquarium.

Back