spadefish

We aren't going to prevent him from abusing the hobby either, this much has become obvious. If he isn't willing to listen, learn or even attempt to act in an ethical manner what good is he as a member? All he is going to do is promote the use of these poor practices.

man back in 2008 i won a free moderation, that i never used, from jhnrb can i use it now for a ban

i wonder if its still active , unfortunately jhnrb hasnt been active(according to his profile) in a while

Okay, I have to say quite a few things. I'm saying this to all the people on this thread.

1. If someone makes a mistake of buying a tankbuster, don't get all cynical, because those people might not know any better. All they need is the facts. Expletives, insults, and gossip is not necessary.

2. For Sir Alex, I would like to tell you that many commonly kept aquarium fish, such as the Queen Angelfish and the Clown Trigger, do get quite large, and attain a larger size than your suggested foot and a half. Also the world does not need people who loosely use their vocabulary for bad purpose; just because it's in the urban dictionary doesn't mean that you should use it. Livingreefs is supposed to be a friendly website.

3. For overstreetlogan, I do not recommend buying a spadefish. They can get up to 3 feet, and do not keep them unless you have an extra large aquarium. They are not reef safe, but usually eat voraciously.

By the way, nice vid.

What you dont know is this kid has repeatedly put fish in tanks that are far too small for them, highly overstocked, or just flat out poorly designed for them and he also collects them from the wild. Im 90% certain he is violating the collection laws in florida as well.

He does know better, he has been told on multiple threads, for a variety of different fish. Instead of learning from his mistake he calls us names and continues to act like an immature child. He has also come into chat and acted like an immature idiot. He has been warned on multiple occasions.

I know you are new around here so you dont quite know how things work around here, but the mods here dont ban people for one mistake. He was banned for his extremely rude behavior and his unwillingness to learn and move forward. He was totally unwilling to learn or admit he doesnt know everything and he was not god's gift to the fish he took and jammed into a tiny space. His presence was of no benefit to this site and his behavior was annoying, shameful and downright disgusting.

ok, now I understand. sorry for the misinformed lecture. I used to think those mistakes were only for novices. It looks like I didn't meet that many people before. I can't forgive it when people behave that way.

I know, sorry im a little tense as well, banning people doesnt sit well with me.

And he is a novice still and is clearly destined to remain so. It makes me sick how he treats the fish he has and the ones he plans on getting.

most reefs around australia u need a lience to harvest marine life ...only stuff you can take has to be legal size and in the books .....ive found a cold water fish similar to the spade

- I might make my 6ft into cold saltwater??? Suggestions?

I don't think a cold water tank would be a very good idea. For one you'd probably want to go bigger than that since cold water fish are so large. There's also the problem that there's not much info on these kind of tanks.

But that would be really cool if it worked.

You'd also have to catch them since no one sells them. And I think collecting directly from the wild is wrong, and probably illegal.

most reefs around australia u need a lience to harvest marine life ...only stuff you can take has to be legal size and in the books .....ive found a cold water fish similar to the spade

- I might make my 6ft into cold saltwater??? Suggestions?

Unfortunately, my internet isn't working right now so I can't get to any of my bookmarked links. But, cooler water aquariums are becoming more popular and are strikingly beautiful. Here's the only link I could find with google.
Feature Aquarium: Try A Cool, Refreshing Temperate Marine Aquarium — Advanced Aquarist's Online Magazine

I would say, if you want to do it, go for it! It will be tougher to find lots of things to fill your tank with but you can be sure that it'll be unique.

I was in Canada, in Halifax, and at the port they had millions of sea urchins and thousands of starfish. They also had quite a few of these nice red crabs. And that was just by the shore...

I was in Canada, in Halifax, and at the port they had millions of sea urchins and thousands of starfish. They also had quite a few of these nice red crabs. And that was just by the shore...

:shock:
When?? Thats where i live...... Hahaha

Back