Spreading Zoa's

SonicGT02

Reefing newb
I have a question on zoa's. My zoa's have spread all over my back wall of the tank and are pressuring my other corals for space. Which coral will win out for space when it comes to zoa's and ric's? I've attached a pic of them spreading :frustrat:

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 412
Holy zoas! Have you thought about fragging them and selling them to other local reefers or trading them in to your LFS for store credit?

I've tried Craigslist with no response and I don't have a LFS within an hour of my place.
I'd rather keep them local, as I don't want to have to deal with shipping. Both my zoa's and purple mushrooms are all over the place. I even have the mushrooms growing on the top of the sand.

That is crazy I have tried zoas about 5 different times over the last couple of years and they die within a month. I can grow every other coral pretty well but those are always a disaster.

Beautiful, just beautiful! I only dream of the day something will be overgrowing in my tank. I wish I lived closer. I want purple mushrooms and never see them at any of the LFS.

I know the comments I'm going to see on this pic, but it shows how much of them are on the back wall and spreading. Of course it also shows my sudden aiptasia outbrake as well :frustrat:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 401
If they are bothering you being the back glass, you can scrape them off with a razor. But be sure to do a water change afterwards and maybe run some carbon. Zoas can be toxic and its hard to know how much, if any, toxin could be released by removing a whole of them at once.

It started with a rock the size of a baseball and went from there. They started popping up on the other side of the tank, which I have no idea how that happened. I'd guess it's been about 3yrs now, since I bought them.

I know the comments I'm going to see on this pic, but it shows how much of them are on the back wall and spreading. Of course it also shows my sudden aiptasia outbrake as well :frustrat:

Oh you are expecting comments about your cockrock? Or were you referring to the aiptasia? :lol:

Biff - I knew you wouldn't let me down!!! That is exactly what I was expecting!
To make it even better, I sold the first cockrock I had! I put another rock there and let them cover that one as well :-)

Last edited:
Yeah, I totally saw the cockrock.... and fully expected some sort of "that's what she said" comment on the next page!

And every good tank needs a cockrock!

Back