Stag's 125 build

stagofdoom

Phi Kappa Psi
Its official. I ordered a perfecto 125 with corner overflows today.

I also ordered a Lifereef LF1-150S sump with a refugium.

I wont have pics for a little while. The tank should be in next week.

Biff where did you get your RO/DI unit?

Congratulations Stag.
If you dont mind me asking,What did the Lifereef sump set you back?
I'm planning on starting me a 125 sometime in Janurary.

Same tank I have. It's nice. Since it only has 1 center brace I was worried about seeing a shadow since I use 3 175w mh's and 1 is above the brace. It worked out fine...no shadow.

Im so excited.

Yote..it set me back a pretty penny but I know its worth it. He has prices on his site.

The lights im getting are the same ones Lion has and will be ordering them soon.

Also how much sand should I use and what do I need to do to transfer my stuff from my nano to my new tank.

Depending on how deep of a sand bed you want, here's the RC sand bed calculator.
If you are adding CURED live rock to the new tank, you can just transfer everything from the nano to the 125. If it's not cured, you need to cycle the new tank before moving everything over.

yeah im not going to get cured so I knew I would have to cycle it. Cured rock is freaking expensive.

I dont know how deep of a sand bed I want...no too deep but I dunno.

Ordered the lights and the RO/DI unit.

The tank will be in by wednesday and then the stand will be constructed. The only thing im waiting for is the sump to be shipped. but that should be in a couple of weeks.

Congratulation on the new setup.

The Lifereef sumps are awesome,you should be pleased especially after paying big $$$.Did you get only the sump,the complete sump with skimmer,pumps and hardware?I highly recommend their separate refugium.

I finally broke down and bought an RO/DI unit from Pure Water Club.I'll be attempting to hook it up today,sure seems complicated.Great price,the unit itself,replacement membranes for all 5 stages and a TDS meter for a low,low price of $130.

Back