Star Polyp

dankolle

Reefing newb
This is my happy star polyp, my calcium is 450ppm exactly and I do regular water changes...430 watts of metal halide...is there anything else I should be doing to encourage this guy to grow? (coral newbie big time!)
0729091442.jpg

they seem to like a medium wave type flow
pretty much any tank placement has been succesful with mine
mine also love DT's phytoplankton like once a week

nope just keep your water quality good and good light which you have. it will grow on its own. they will just need to get used to your water conditions then they will start taking off and spreading..

Sweet, I've got him between two power heads, not blowing directly on but there is a nice vorted. My LFS sold me some plankton to add to the water once a week. I'm turning off my skimmer for 30 - 45 min when I feed. I want this one to be a success so I can justify getting some more exotic species...walk before you run right?

Yeah, I have an anemone but I tried to stick to the "let it mature"...plus i never had the lighting to keep coral until just a week or so ago. I only have my phone to take pictures at work with...but thats the gist of it
0730091413.jpg

I have a Rena canister filter w/ Carbon & an Aqua C skimmer in a 20 gallon sump...and my lovely sand sifter star keeps my gravel nice and clean! seeing that picture makes me realize I should move the heater to my sump! it's ugly...

The star polyps should do well. I have kept some under PC to T5s and never had a problem. I ended up trading my rock of polyps for store credit but always loved watching them.

Back