Suicidal Nerite Snails

Supraz

Reefing newb
So I got 5 free Nerite snails with an order awhile back and I threw 1 into my 3G pico which is in the kitchen and the other 4 into my 29G Biocube. After a week one of the nerite in my pico had managed to get himself stuck in the intake for the filter, then about a week later i found him in my kitchen sink(Dead).

Last night I went to install a new surge protector behind my couch which is right beside my biocube and I pull the couch out 4-5 ft and theres two more of those snails dead on my carpet!

Anyone else experienced this with these snails or this behavior?

I'm pretty sure it's common for them to climb out of the tank.
I'm not too sure, though... I don't have any nerites...

Hmmm mine venture to the water line but that's it. When I put one in my 5gal covered tank it climbed out of the feeding window. Very odd. It survived as it landed upside down and was out for a night.

I found only one out of the tank well kind of it made its home on the return slide from my filter then made its home inside the filter.

I hate nerites. I've banished all mine(what I have left) to the fuge. At least if they fall out of the tank in there I'll see when I go to add water.

I have 3 left. I won't be getting anymore!!! I think the only thing saving them from trekking everywhere is the full hood. Mine are HUGE too!!! They are mostly at the water line. I have had to pluck the smaller one out of the intake pipe of my filter too

Back