Sun Coral Care

shotspot

Reefer Madness
Hey everyone, back into the tank after 5 years away. Wife purchased an orange sun cora the other day. Done alot of research online but any tips would be welcome....I have my turkey baster and Mysis Shrimp in hand....lol

P.S shot of the coral in the pics section

SunCoral.JPG

This it?
Looks great.I have no experince with em,But I've read that they require feeding of each polyp every night after ther lights go out.

I wouldn't want to put my hand in the tank everyday. Everytime I touch the water my skimmer stops working. I tried the glove thing and hated that.

Keep them in a shaded area, since they are non-photosynthetic. It's recommended that you feed each polyp every day or every other day. They need to be hand fed since they can't make their food on their own like other corals... That's why they are such a pain in the ass. Good luck with it!! ;)

Pretty but one high maintenance coral.I feed mine every other day with mysis and cyclopeeze.Usually when the lights are out or right before the lights are out.Yours look healthy and hungry-feed,feed them regularly.

Back